1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N force Audio Problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sky Hacker, 18 Aug 2003.

1. Sky Hacker

Sky Hacker What's a Dremel?

I recently put togther a n force system togther wivh i was quite happy with until i found out that no audio was coming out of my rear speakers i've tried updating the drivers and going to the "sound-thingy" in the system tray nd turning it on again but it seems as some drivers arent working corectly. has anyone else had this problem?

My Stats are below, just in case they help
    MoBo: MSI k7n2 (it was expnsive too! :sigh: )
    Procesor: Athlon 2500
    Ram: 256 megs
    and if theres anything else you might need just let me know.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum :S

2. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

sounds similar to mine, i have the MSI K7N2 DELTA-ILSR . brilliant sound though, u sure u plugged the extra sound jack in correctly on the mobo and that u've plugged ur rear speakers in the correct socket as they aint colour coded

3. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

Sounds silly, but also check that you havn't accidentally checked the 'mute all' box in the sound properties box.

4. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

I had this exact problem with this board with onboard GFX etc. that i built for a mate.

I dont rememeber the solution exactly, something to do with getting rthe AC97 drivers from realtech, then you get the proper screen for config.

Go to nForcersHQ and search through the forum for MSI mobos. Im sure you will find the answer eventually.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

try updating to the latest nforce drivers, then go through the speaker setup wizard. If the first try doesnt work then try a different config.. i.e. with the centre + rear speakers in the line in + microfone jacks.

6. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Nforce sound sucks, it has nothing but problems and half of them are in the hardware so cant be fixed with a simple driver update. Oh and it takes Nvidia 8+ months to release Nforce drivers to which dont fix anything!

Pfft the Nforce sucks I would rather have a SiS chipset :grr:

/Me is a future P4 owner...

7. Sky Hacker

Sky Hacker What's a Dremel?

Ah thanks to all for the help, espically to fivecheebs that link is extremly handy *bookmarks it*

and as for the "speaker setup wizard" unfortunally that control panel wasent installed with the latest drivers for some reason

8. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

No thats exactly the same thing i had to fix a while ago. You get the standard windows "speaker" but no config for the outputs etc. Its there somewhere i promise. Ill have a quick glance if i get the chance. iitc i thinkn the info came from a forum on either msi's of asus's sites but it was linked to from those forums.

9. Amorphus

Amorphus What's a Dremel?

I had this problem too. what I did, was I went into the soundstorm control panel> speaker setup, and clicked on the "Speaker Setup Wizard".

there was some stuff there, and after it was done, my sound has been nothing but impeccable.

10. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

This is why its not that simple Amorphus. :eyebrow:

OK sky hacker. It seems that the link is in my faves on my work PC, you lucky git :), (sorry i didnt look yesterday). Have a look here at the post that starts "First go to realtek and down load Windows 98Gold/98se/Me/2000/XP for Driver only A3.44 2003/05/26 4991k ..." There are screen shots to help you also.

This worked for me and my mate so it should for you. Good luck and let me know how you get on.