1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If you didn't play Fallout 3 you won't dude.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Oops

Game Cancelling Pip Boy Pre Orders

I received confirmation email of my order this morning. Though both on the website and in the email it suggests two payments. One at full price and one minus the reserving fee which they never took due to a system error.

Though those preorders where being honored. My Bobblehead arrived the other day which to me confirmed that my order was secure. Will see if those that received the email also received the Bobblehead also.

Edit: After posting this I tweeted the VGU about my current situation, and an image which they have used in the article. Just to be clear about things. I don't work/write for VGU. Just supporting one of the smaller gaming sites out there.

Last edited: 6 Nov 2015
  3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The thing about all the Fallout games is that they are all story-driven rather than technology. You get dragged in by the immersion and depth of the storyline, so it doesn't really matter that there's no whizz-bangy super-realistic graphics. Decent graphics would be nice, but for most Fallout fans they're a deal breaker.

4. Vault-Tec

Weird. I got the system error about the deposit back when I first pre ordered mine.

I've got my debit card on the actual order though, not Paypal, and like you I have received my Bobble head..

Have they charged you yet dude? I got an email telling me they were going to take payment from Monday the 2nd and I've phoned them twice since and they're insisting everything is all set but they've still not taken payment.

Isn't it law they can't take payment until the item is shipped?

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

From looking at my current balance, the full price at £99.99 has gone out, I was worried that it would have been a double payment but I think that's just an error from when they didn't take the deposit.

I know how much I had in my account and what si due out so I think they have taken payment, though the mobile app doesn't show who that money has gone too as of yet. Updates every 24hours or so.

6. Vault-Tec

Hmm nothing here yet.

7. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Just checked my Paypal account - £83.32 has gone out today.

I had the same email as you, detailing the two separate payments of £99 and £83.

Slightly concerned now :confused:

8. Vault-Tec

Still nothing here and I'm starting to worry. I don't have enough in my account for them to take two payments :S

Edit. Nothing gone from either Paypal or my bank.

Can you guys please tell me the initial of your last names? like the first letter of your last name.

I have a feeling they do it alphabetically.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Possibly, my last name starts with a H.

Strange that £83.32 has gone out did you pay the deposit?

10. Vault-Tec

No. When I first pre ordered they were having an issue with the £20 deposit, so they said they would just bill me for the full amount when it shipped.

I've phoned them three times this week. I usually had to hold for around 40 minutes before getting an answer but they have assured me that everything is fine and the order should go ahead.

Sadly I can't monitor my emails because it seems Talktalk has gone down. I'm getting this when trying to access my email..

You have entered an invalid password 10 times. For security, your account is temporarily suspended for 1 hour. Please try again after 1 hour.

11. mrMonkeyChunks

Last name starts with A.

I find it very odd as well, believe I did pay the deposit (was it £20 or £40?) the remaining £83.32 doesn't seem to match up either way.

I received my bobble-head yesterday but I doubt that means anything.

12. Vault-Tec

Going to try phoning them now..

My last name begins with a T, btw..

Oh nice, I've just been cut off.

Tried to call back, now I'm getting "The service you requested is currently unavailable"

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

£83.32 is the remaining balance if you had paid the deposit minus the vat on the £20 deposit.

My Bobblehead arrived Wednesday. Think about it, they have 1000's of pre orders to go through. Will likely depend on what time/day you ordered. I ordered Wednesday 17th June. The day after the pre order went live.

14. Vault-Tec

Well I managed to get through and am waiting on hold.

Edit. What's concerning me is that I did not pay the £20 deposit as it went wrong. However, when I spoke to them on the phone yesterday and Tuesday they told me that the remaining balance was £80 :S

I've had to phone a couple of times because when I first placed the order my debit card was set to expire before the game came out so I had to change that. And because they can't take payment on the inbound line (it's recorded) they have to call you back which in fairness they did pretty quickly.

I just want to be able to play the game on Tuesday.

15. mrMonkeyChunks

Worse case scenario it is available digitally on all the platforms, if your preorder is cancelled buy it digitally and it should be good to go for Tuesday release. Hell, you'll be able to play it earlier as you won't be relying on the post turning up.

16. Vault-Tec

Only problem is i do not have enough funds to cover £80/£100 and £40 for the digital game so I am pretty much at the mercy of Game now.

Still on hold, 32 mins so far

17. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

GMG have sent their keys out. Just waiting for the preload to start later tonight.

The hype is building!:rock:

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The good news is all online orders are being shipped by DPD. This I am happy about, their main dispatch is about 20mins by car away (not including traffic etc). Usually get deliveries in the morning. Not that it matters when it arrives, I can't and wont play till Wednesday as I have work Sunday - Tuesday.

I work nights so, either no sleep playing on Wednesday or sleep for sixish hours and then play.

19. Vault-Tec

Still nothing. I think I have managed to fix my email but nothing has come through and I am still waiting on hold for Game (1hr 9 mins).

Still no charges on my bank account or Paypal... I shall keep updating :)

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I would get off the phone, they will be swamped. Anyone effected by the cancellation of orders will be contacted over the weekend. Eurogamer just updated their article.