1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete PARVUM APIS by JR23 - (completed)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JR23, 6 Nov 2015.

1. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

Very nice, black & yellow always go well together whether it's cars or modded PC's :cooldude:

Love the mid plate and pipes/routing :thumb:

2. rogergamer

rogergamer What's a Dremel?

savage, I love it!

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

That is a really well thought out center plate there. Highly functional and also very good looking while still being simple. The yellow fluid really makes it stand out.

I also really like the reservoir mounting:thumb:

4. el2k

el2k Modder

Looking really nice. Good work sir.

5. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

Thanks for the great comments guys, I really appreciate all the support!

The remainder of the sleeving supplies will be arriving tomorrow so I can get another solid weekend of work into finishing this off. We decided on black, yellow and dark grey Teleios, black being the dominant colour with a fine accent of yellow and just one wire of grey to divide them. That may well change when I see it infront of me though!

JR

6. mikediflip

mikediflip What's a Dremel?

Love the final look. The loop is so clean!

7. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

[​IMG]

Hey guys, today I received all of the remaining sleeving supplies from E22, but before we get into that I had to find room for another drive in the back of APIS! I had a vague idea of where I wanted it to go, as the drive is sleek and black I wanted to set it somewhere against the gloss yellow.

[​IMG]

With that marked out it was straight off to the pillar drill.

[​IMG]

3.5mm followed with a little chamfer for the countersunk screw heads to sit neatly unseen underneath the outer panel of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent!

[​IMG]

Here is the final position, mirroring a 2.5" WD set behind the motherboard tray.

[​IMG]

So now it's time for some sleeving! Black, Dark Grey and Yellow Tellios.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many wires cut, for this i'm using tri-rated 16AWG PVC insulated 3.1mm OD wire. Very overkill and huge to try and get in standard ATX crimps however it's all worth it for the way it interacts with the sleeving. All of the yellow sleeve will have yellow cable so it remains vibrant and pronounced.

[​IMG]

Ends trimmed ready for crimps!

[​IMG]

Yeah forget breaking off 40+ crimps with my fingers :p.

[​IMG]

...much much time later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well all I got done today was the 4 8-pin PCI cables but i'm very happy with them. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the EPS and peripheral cables taken care of leaving the 24-pin for another day when the PSU arrives!

JR​

8. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

[​IMG]

Just a small update, all I managed was the 24-pin today. In an attempt to keep it somewhat square, difficult when its so short, every cable was a different length. Together with the 3 double wires it made it very time consuming.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a little training I think they will all sit really nicely in the build. For me the feel and the flow is way more important than having each wire exactly parallel, each holds the right natural curvature for where it has to fit. Only a couple more cables to do now, i'm very glad all the big ones are finished!

JR​

9. el2k

el2k Modder

Sleeving is tidy work. I have yet to do a full PSU myself. Paid someone at uni who had loads of downtime to do it for my last build :D

10. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

[​IMG]

I'm sure you can see where this is going :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully the build will very shortly have just a little more EVGA kit in it and so we thought it was only appropriate to add a little logo to the exterior, after all the components are so understated and discrete it seemed appropriate and TJ liked the idea too.

[​IMG]

We didn't stop at just the custom front panel and went on to inlay each tiny piece of the letters in frosted clear, the same acrylic as used for the midplate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll bring you some more on that when parts arrive!

The rig is currently up and running with stock cables, everything is working correctly however the fan splitter PCB did not function as anticipated so we will be adding an Aquaero 5 LT. Most of the cables are complete so just a little more fabrication and final assembly to go!

JR​

11. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

[​IMG]

Must admit I did forget this thread was here, forgive me it has been over a year! So a belated belated update is due, we did finish the system insanely late one night long ago in 2015. We took it back to TJ's just for testing really and it has stayed there ever since being used every day, beside the occasional time i've stolen it for insomnia. At which point i've been too preoccupied with another system to yeah, take any photographs at all.

BUT, yesterday it came back for it's first annual service and a cheeky upgrade, luckily it was so easy to work on it left me with a few hours for photographs. Not the ideal scenario, lying on the floor with an old table top, one soft box and some fabric but good enough for some shots to do it justice.

So just before we gander at those, the updated spec list for your delectation.

Parvum Systems R1.0
    Intel Haswell-E i7-5930K
    EVGA X99 Micro2
    EVGA GTX 980 Classified x2
    Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 4x4GB
    Samsung 512GB PM961 M.2
    Samsung 500GB 850 EVO
    Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 x2
    Western Digital Blue 1TB
    EVGA Supernova 1200W P2

Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT
    Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Passive Heatsink
    EK FC980 Classy Nickel/Acetal x2
    EK Supremacy EVO Nickel/Acetal
    EK D5 REVO Pump Top Acetal
    EK RES X3 250 Black Acetal
    EK CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)
    EK HD Adapter 10/12mm Black Nickel x28
    Corsair SP120 Performance Edition PWM x8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JR23

JR23 Minimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope this surprised a few of you with old subs and brought a few new readers to this older project, thanks for stopping by. TJ is now enjoying 3500mb/s reads and the added dankness of the Micro2. On a small and belated sidenote, i've never seen such a magnificent revision to any product, every tiny tiny niggle that it was possible to pick with the original Micro has been carefully and logically addressed, right down to including the debug LED in dark mode and a quiet mode that's enabled by default.

JR​