1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Not been Bletchley in ages :/ Might have been someone else.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Ah, nope. If it was the car it would be more interesting. Apparently there's 10 white polestars in the UK, so I feel I should track down the others and we should form a club :D

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks awesome _tad, definitely get rid of the T6R rubbish. Leave the little blue square of menace. :D

Not driving, but my project's state at the moment :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Nov 2015
  4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I am trying to work out what the car is just from the under bonnet. my man skills are failing me.

I love a project though - what's the plans?

I just bought another Elise, and a Cooper S to use daily.. Everybody needs 4 cars, eh?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm trying to convince the girlfriend of that. I have a hankering for a Capri, but she said "two cars is enough" :(

Incidentally, just froze my arse off for three-four hours washing and polishing the RS;

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Nov 2015
  6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's a 106 Rallye like my old one which got written off. At the moment plans are to tackle the rust (there's a lot of it, thankfully all structural so it won't need proper paint afterwards), then build it back up with new suspension front and rear etc and enjoy next year.

Engine-wise the plan is to put a 16v from the GTI in there for a cheeky power bump, then build the original 8v unit back up with ITBs and a lairy cam.

Loving the 4-car household, I'm a member too. Jealous of the Elise, such a great car, a friend let me drive his for a few laps at Blyton Park and it was heaven.

Do it liratheal! A cologne V6 Capri is a worthy addition.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You might not like me for this bit, but I want to buy either a rust-free shell with no engine/loom/interior and do a V8 (Ford Racing crate engine if possible with a 5 speed tremec box, or if I can swing it, another box with AWD, or a Lexus/Toyota 1UZFE with supercharger and 370Z 6 speed box) or knock a replica RS 3100 up (Looks wise) with a straight six - Healey sourced perhaps. I'd love a genuine one, but given the rotbox construction and the cost, I'd be frightened to drive the damn thing..

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

2010 Vauxhaull Corsa 1.3 Ecoflex, a massive step down from my 307 1.6HDI but considering it was given to me with 26k on the clock im not really complaining. It really lacks during the battlefield commute i have to do every day so im gonna get an chip tuning box for it next week (properjob not some 70 quid ebay ****), see if i can kick some more life from it.

9. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

Yeah it's the 3 litre, I spend most my time on the motorway, actually pretty happy with the mpg. Had it over a year now, didn't get any frost on the inside all of last winter even in the snow. It's no more chilly than any other car, engine gets to temp stupidly fast and the heated seats make driving with the roof down possible even in the winter :D
    Does get steamy first thing, but as you say the demister kicks in and the window clears in under a minute. Heated wing mirrors are also a godsend.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I bought myself a 2006 Leon Sport (not this one, but identical):

[​IMG]

But I am, er, ahem, making some modifications to it. I want an understated "sleeper" which can surprise when I want it to but also transport my family around like a normal car.

Already got the 0-60 time under 6 seconds with a remap and some intake/exhaust upgrades, but eventually I want to take it up above 300bhp - all whilst trying to remain as stock as possible.

Fun on a budget. Also managed to get an average of 33.5mpg on the first full tank - better than expected! :D

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Iphone 4 camera wth!
    [​IMG]

anyone have any idea what this thing is?
    [​IMG]

12. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Still rolling round in this nail, be two years in feb! Longest I've kept a car I think.

[​IMG]

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'd expect it to be the interior alarm sensor.

14. Weekly_Estimate

Oh so it does have a alarm then!

Nicee!

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That'd be my guess

Sit in it and press your key fob button, sit stock still for a couple of minutes, then move around, you'll find out one way or t'other

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

This is awesome, love the 106 Rallye.

There will be a log, yes?

17. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Picked up a 2000 e38 for my daily a few weeks ago. I've wanted one ever since I first saw the love letter to the e38 that was The Transporter. Sadly, it's not a 750 with the v12. I tried to find on that was in good shape and not over priced for awhile but eventually gave up and got a 740i.

Liking it so far. But I fear I have too many cars for one person now (3).

[​IMG]
    Staring into your soul

Last edited: 23 Dec 2015
  18. bagman

bagman Minimodder

The equation for how many cars you should own is: the number of cars you currently own +1.

19. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Haha I believe I share this sentiment. But I think I'll need a bigger garage at some point :-/.

20. Weekly_Estimate

Anyone have any idea whats causing this leak? Engine oil is completely fine...

[​IMG]