1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2015 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 23 Nov 2014.

1. teabag

teabag What's a Dremel?

So sad that ony 1 more race left. This season has flown!

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Well looks like the cheaper engine proposal has [imo unsurprisingly] been booted into touch...

source [in German]

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'd sign up for that. An improved KERS but a more simplified energy recovery that can be deployed as a driving style (more driver focus), and straight-thru exhaust would make everyone happy.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I disagree with that.
    I think the PU's need to be changed regularly, and the V6s are fine (and at least somewhat applicable to road cars in some ways).

I think Gary Anderson is right by saying that Aero focus should be reduced in favour of mechanical grip developments.
    Bigger tyres, ground effect, way simpler front wings.
    This would allow cars to follow better and make for better racg.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Ground effect is just aero's drunk big brother, it was banned from pretty much all forms of motor sports for very good reason.

I would like to see crazy engines, massive tyres/brakes and teeny tiny two element wings front/rear. The less cornering grip they have and the harder they are to control under acceleration, the more exciting the racing will be (and accidents less likely to end in a broken neck).

The 2017 rules are about to put F1 back into the mid 2000s debacle of entire races going by without a single overtake.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pretty much bang on, they are going wide again with wider tyres so heres hoping.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We'll never see crazy engines again :( but ^^ would be epic.
    And yes we're gonna see Schumacher era again yawn. If that happens byebye F1. I'll tune into WEC.

9. RedFlames

We don't need crazy engines, just need less restictive rules than we have now..

Drop the fuel flow limit - it's largely irrelevant as you're limited on how much fuel you can use by the size of the fuel tank anyway

Drop the Rev limit - If Merc or whoever want to run an engine at a million RPM, let them, and we can all laugh when it explodes.

Have a maximum size for the engine - say 'right... you have x amount of space for your engine' and let the engine makes go nuts in their allotted space, if they want to fill it with ERS and batteries, fine, if they want to fill it with a NA lump, also fine. If you want to promote hybrids then maybe give them leniencies or restrictions in other areas, a la WEC...

Essentially F1 touts itself as the pinnacle of motorsport and/or motor engineering, let the engineers go mad a bit...

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I could live with that proposal.

Right now, though - the 2017 rules have done nothing to address the following ability, since they basically went with "Wider tyres... okok... not that wide" - not to mention that Pirelli has noone willing to give them a testing car with 2017 regs... not even a modded old one, it seems.
    So yes, 2017 cars will likely be faster. BUT (as it was eloqently put by an Autosport Journalist):
    If Nico Rosberg can lap everyone but his teammate in Brazil, there's no reason that a lighter, faster Merc is not going to do exactly the same thing.

The engines are already pretty mad. They run (if the "alternate proposal spec" is anything to go by) 900-950 bhp (all included, probably) in a ~700kg car, and the turbo makes them somewhat trickier to drive.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

F1 would be more exciting if it went back to these specs:-

[​IMG]

12. RedFlames

13. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

[​IMG]

14. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

We all know the best solution to F1's problems would be jet power!

[​IMG]

Sounds badass and only killed 25% of the drivers who raced it, plus it looks exactly how a six year old thinks a really really fast car should look.

Perfect!

16. RedFlames

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

1953?
    Huge Ferrari dominance at almost every race, not much overtaking... It was much better in the 30s before all this Formula 1 rubbish.

18. rollo

rollo Modder

If you give engine manufactures free reign then you would have a formula 1 car with stupid amounts of bhp.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Lewis speaking after quali suggests hes took bits of the mercedes. I am quiet suprised they let him do that.

Lets hope next year is a more closely thought title battle.