1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cooler Master launches MasterGel Maker thermal compound

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 1 Dec 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

So they're claiming it's 50% better than Arctic Silver, but what's its real life benefit - does it really make a difference to cooling? Gurus of bit-tech, I lay the gauntlet before your feet: I demand some testing :D

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Agreed. I'm not sure I've seen a bit test of TIMs myself.

4. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Agreed - I'd love to know real-world benefits of using modern compounds vs standard ones. Last time I checked it made a difference of like 2 or 3 degrees and was only important when wanting to max-out your OC.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I seem to recall reading a massive roundup of TIMs a few years ago, where they compared an absolute ton of different brands but also threw into the mix the likes of toothpaste and butter :D Surprisingly, the odd stuff performed fairly well :D

6. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

in the test I found, it was 1c better than Arctic Silver5 and just as easy to apply .. looks like I'll be trying it out on my next build