1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Mayhems - Silver Bullet - pure real silver coolant (not aurora)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mayhem, 14 Oct 2015.

1. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Weve stripped down the case again due to some mistakes and replaced the front glass panel with a aluminium glass like fascia, we've also lifted it more forwards to give better air flow.

[​IMG]

Here you can see matt getting ready to fit the mayhems Havoc 360 into place that he has spray painted silver. We've also mounted the EK Res and pump combo to the rad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We then fitted back in the main board and placed all the wires behind the main board so it neatens every thing up. We've allso put back in the PSU shroud. We caught some of the paint work on the rad so that will need touching back up.

[​IMG]

Ive made some of my own rulers to measure up the Glass tubing on the laser cutter (cost was about £2.00)

[​IMG]

And Matt and my self cut some peace's to size and matt sanded the edges down

[​IMG]

Dont ask me what hes doing here but it does look painful ...

[​IMG]

Preparing for the first peace to go in.

[​IMG]

2. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

First peace of mayhems glass tubing fitted

[​IMG]

Second peace fitted (all from the same single peace so no waste)

[​IMG]

3. asura

asura jack of all trades

Glass tubing? Very smooth Mr. Mayhem, very smooth!

4. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

5. xivlia

xivlia What's a Dremel?

arent you gonna have to top up the coolant every 6 months or so due to micro evaporation from the tubes and reservoir? this will have a higher maintenance cost than my Ducati ;)

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'd tell you what he's doing in that pic, but for now, give him some privacy.
    -And someone typo'd their mean tag.:lol:
    @Xivlia - There shouldn't be much. The only place it could happen at is the O-rings...maybe.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2015
  7. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

@xivlia Unlike like plastic tubes were using glass so less issues, Topping up is easy i have 5 ltrs of the stuff made all ready to go :), that should last in excess of a few years :)

@Cheapskate :)

Last edited: 11 Dec 2015
  8. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

That is some crazy coolant!!

This is going to look good. :rock:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Seems awfully hostile or did I miss something??

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Dec 2015
  10. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

yeh you missed it lol. Edited too keep the peace lol

11. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Well a small accident happend we saw that the front panel was out by approx 2 mm so tried adjust it, in the process we bent it and its irrecoverable. Start again on the front panel, that's life.

12. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

were the glass tubes custom made, or from a science supply store?

13. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

14. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Isn't it just "Borosilicate Glass"? because that's been around a long time and used in Pyrex and science / medical glass stuff, in fact when I was a kid I remember people making little glass figures with a blow lamp from it lol.

The glass supplier I use sell it for lamp work

I was wondering in what way is yours different?

15. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Our glass is a pyrex brand and is hand blown into place and then re hardend in a kiln at 1700c . All the peaces at with in a 0.02mm -/+ spec. Im sure you can make your own if you wish and it will be nice to see more builds with glass.

Pic below is nearly finished we still need to shave off a little glass on the long peace. (you can see the gpu is a little out)

[​IMG]

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You know I wish In Win had made that bottom cover as standard for the 805, or, made the front a 360mm instead of 240/280. And fix the side panel mounts, but that's another story for another day.

I was going to mount a similar DDC in the rear 120mm fan space.

17. Teelzebub

Those temps are mainly only possible with very expensive kilns not the type you would have at home, tbh I don't see the point in making my own glass tubes, but speaking of glass you should check out Dichoric glass there's some amazing colours in it if you could do the cooling fluids in those colours :thumb:

18. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Yeh we use a pro to help us out with the tubing. He has some amazing skills when it comes to glass bending. Ill look up that Dichoric glass. We've already had a look at some colour glass ourselves but as of yet were just seeing how the market reacts..

Just had a Look wow you need deep pockets for that but would be an amazing mod.

19. Teelzebub

Yeah not cheap glass, I work with it quite a lot there's a few different types of it now.

Amazing colour shifts in it though

20. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

[​IMG]

Nearly done just a few more tweaks need doing. Had to remove one of the glass bends as we found out that the CPU / GPU ports are 2mm out from each other so we had to use straight runs instead. Over all though we only used 2 peace of glass tubing. The real Silver metal Fluid look more silver in life but will have to do some better shots later on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]