1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

DJI Ronin :)

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Yeah thats my problem, i dont have any work or hobbies where i could use a knife.
    I carry a Gerber dime which i love, and is legal carry (fully recommend it for anyone after a very small daily carry multi tool.)

I get the nerdyness for knifes, but i just cant justify getting any :( my friend collects loads, but they never come out the display case. a sad fate for them :(

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Not happy now they tell me 30 days delivery. Nasty email sent.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I just have a couple...

[​IMG]

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

wow nice! my best is a WW2 British issue jungle machete with orignal sheath :D

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I just developed the ability to make my own.

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hp 1920-24b - To act as the main switch for my network, will end up most likely using DAC cables with the SFP ports for my NAS, Oh and it can do Layer 3 things and cost £55 so should give me plenty of use
    [​IMG]

BBWC replacement battery as mine has gone the way of the dodo
    [​IMG]

Hopefully the replacement battery should give me better than 1mbps data transfer speeds to my main VM server.

Mikrotik RB2011UiAS - to take over main duties from my BT HomeHub, I knew i kept the open reach modem for a reason.
    [​IMG]

Probably going to pick up and Ubiquiti UniFi AP in the new year, Tried to get my hands on a mereki AP but had no luck unfortunately so going to try something else.

I do want a few but have no real need for most, I do have a Leatherman Wave which I carry most days, comes in handy so often at work and home.

8. Almightyrastus

Oh, I have no need for pretty much everything in that picture, they are just something that I like to use and collect. It sounds a bit odd but things like the sharpening of them is one part I really enjoy and pretty much everything there is sharp enough to shave curls off the side of a hair.

Pretty much all of them will have been stripped down and worked on a little to give them a bit of hand finished smoothness as well as to see the work that went into producing them. For me they really are much more than just a tool or a sharp bit of metal (one of them's a sharp bit of ceramic...) and I'd love to get into designing and making my own at some point.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

One of these days I'm going to post you some of my knives to sharpen. I've got one of those angled sharpening system things, but while I can get 'em sharp I can't get 'em that sharp.

10. Almightyrastus

Anytime, just drop me a message and we'll get it sorted.

11. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Epic mall prompted epic shopping extravaganza... no fewer than 40 items of apparel, none of which was an extra suitcase, which I have now realised will be required to make it back home :duh:

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

[​IMG] they arrived and pretty happy with them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Qwertee strikes again...

[​IMG]

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oh, that is rather lovely!

Still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these myself... yet :worried:

I haven't been carrying a Leatherman in recent years since my old one got lost, although I have reason to believe that I'll be the owner of a Charge Ti by this time next week, so I will probably start again in the new year! You will never find me (and I mean never) without a good high end EDC size flashlight and legal to carry knife though. I have been asked the same question on a couple of occasions and given the same answer. On any day of the week when wearing work trousers with their many pockets, I'll also always be carrying a mains tester screwdriver, a PH2 screwdriver, a Fluke volt stick, a roll of insulating tape, a black ink pen, a couple of sharpies in various nibs and colours, an assortment of USB memory sticks, a 4G personal hotspot WiFi access point and two phones. And that's before you get to the many, many toolboxes in the van! :hehe:

A few weeks ago shortly after I got back into Folding @ Home, I was having trouble with stability in one of my dedicated off-site machines which was running on a 5 year old HX1000 PSU. Having been the driving force behind my most powerful, dual GTX 295 based rig in the old GPU2 farm, it was showing its age and no longer capable of delivering stable power to the pair of GTX 970s I was trying to run on it. At that point I invested in a Corsair AX1500i to replace it, and that solved the problem.

Since then, my own gaming rig which was running on another HX1000 of a similar age started doing the same, so the trigger has been pulled on another top of the range PSU, this time an AX1200i which should be more than enough power to keep my dual 980s, pumps, SSDs and dat 5x10K RPM disk RAID array going for at least another 5 years.

[​IMG]

I also decided to throw another MSI GTX 970 into that dedicated off-site folder because I've been having so many stability and connection issues in the past couple of weeks and have some catching up to do! :D

[​IMG]

Also a massive order of components and peripherals including my first couple of 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, a K70 RGB and Sennheiser HD8 DJs plus a huge haul of other smaller stuff from Amazon which I can't be bothered posting about here right now. Not all for me, though I wish more of it was!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which reminds me, having lost 48lbs since April, most if not all of my clothes didn't fit any more, and with a few Christmas parties coming up I needed a new wardrobe. Between professional alterations and new items I've spent an eye watering amount of money on clothes since the middle of November. As someone who dislikes shopping for clothes immensely and has been working 16-20 hours per day in recent weeks, I decided to use Enclothed for the first time to pick some of the dressier items. Very impressed with the service and items. I'll definitely be using them again in the future.

[​IMG]

17. Almightyrastus

The Spyderco Dragonfly is very nice. It looks even better now that I've put a polished edge on it. Might have to look at adding one to my collection. My wife loves it although she still prefers her bright green Boker+ Nano 42 for general carrying, she keeps it tucked in the top of her bra.

She was another person who didn't see the need for having a knife on her, so I told her to carry one for 2 weeks then stop. First day that she stopped, she found that she could have done with having it again...

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Keep being tempted by that one!

Also, fancied a new single malt to decided to try this, is currently in the freezer

[​IMG]

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

5X tickets to Star Wars, next Sunday.

Going to the cinema with family is expensive.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

A £65 projector, 'cos there are no monitors at that price point that are small enough to keep around for testing equipment and will accept a 1080p signal. Okay, so this thing has an 800x480 native resolution - but I'm genuinely impressed with the picture quality, and doubly so as it only draws 35W when running! The fan's noisy, tho', and seems unnecessarily so: the thing is cold to the touch immediately after cutting the power, suggesting it could get away with running the fan a lot more slowly.