1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling need 2 fans for my thermochill 120.2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mushky, 22 Aug 2003.

1. mushky

mushky gimme snails

ok ive just installed my new rad. Ive got some papst 4212 fans on it.
    at 7V they make a really buggy droning noise. At 12V that noise is gone but they sound really loud.

I thought this was goign to be quiet but the 60mm delta screamer i used to use was not much louder.

which fans work well on this rad? my bird is moaning about this already. i was telling her it would be quiet.. :/

2. Aardie

Aardie What's a Dremel?

I bought 2 NMB 120's slim but very quiet at 7v (kind of a light rush sound) and this is on a BIX/E 2. I was told when i bought that they share the same developement resources as panaflo, wether thats true or not im not sure :blah:

I do have 2 120 ystech 135 cfm monsters and did try them but boy were they noisy and no difference in temps even at 7v, one of the reasons I got the NMB's and am I glad I did.

One thing the retailer that I bought them off in the UK is out or not selling them anymore so not sure where you will be able to source them.

Regards

Keith

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I've got a papst 4412 (slightly different model number) and at 12V is is really quite loud. At 7V it is near silent and I don't get any groaning :confused:

4. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Do they make the sound if they aren't attached to the radiator?
    If not, you may want to space them further away from it.

Which 4212s are they?

I run 4412s - I have F/2GLs on my rad (I had F/2GMLs which were up to 10° cooler but I went back to the F/2GLs to balance airflow against my F/2GML PSU fan).
    At 5-7V they're dead silent (and they're pretty damn quiet at 12v).

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

They are 4212 NGN.

they are nice + quiet when not on the radiator. i'll see if i can find something to hold them further away.. hmm.. what have i got here...

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

4412 FM is mine...

I'll have to try making a manifold out of some sheet aluminium when I take my radiator out to fit the compression fittings. See if that helps the 12V noise.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

http://www.papst.de/english/products_luefter_dcaxial01.html is your friend for Papst DC Fan specs. (And all the /2 means is that you get rpm monitoring - normally at the same price:D )

The 4212NGN is a fairly meaty fan: 38mm thick 97.1cfm 2750 42dB

I wouldn't expect too much silence from that beasty!

Tags: