1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Expensive! I remember that when mine went a while back.

Mine, not as bad as most but managed to fold my thumb nail back on itself whole ends turned black an hurts like hell

2. BigM2006

BigM2006 What's a Dremel?

mum has had to have leg amputated due to a rampant infection.

happy Christmas all!

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I love humankind. It's people I can't stand. :p

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I got my first ever Christmas card. What's life ruining about that? I have absolutely no idea who its from! Anyone that knows my current address is either a business or friends and family that wouldn't actually send me a card. The only thing I can think of is that its from someone in the building, but it was sent by post so that doesn't make sense either. :confused:

Edit: Had a quick peek, in the other mail boxes (through the publicly visible window) and someone else also has one of these card sitting there, so I can only assume its from the company that owns the building. The name on the card doesn't really match up with the director names though. I think the kids might have been hired to help get through the cards a bit quicker :D

Last edited: 23 Dec 2015
  5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Got in an argument with a motorcycle as to who gets to ride on top of whom, and lost. Squashed and somewhat bruised (the bike is fine, its fall was cushioned by conveniently located meat).

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Hitachi 1TB laptop HDD died within minutes of reaching me. Thankfully Amazon returns are quick and painless.

Now I just have to wait until after Christmas for a round 2.

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Hey Stonesurd, what's the current word on the cause of the Border Guards KingAir crash? Any interesting rumors?

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Doing something utterly stupid while driving and thinking why the f did I just do that.

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I hate being right all the time.

We exchanged our secret santa gifts at work this evening:

I bought someone a £9.99 bottle of Lidl's finest White Rum ( all things considered, who doesn't like Rum & Coke? ), so spent the full £10 budget.

What did I get from my secret santa? This:

[​IMG]

I f*cking sh*t you not, a f*cking inflatable sheep, worth less than £3 ( posted, from the UK ) on ebay. Nothing else, nothing to go with it, the c*nt who bought me this saved himself £7 and pocketed it instead of even bothering to get say, a 4 pack of lager, or a box of chocolates, anything at all. I'm so livid I could burst a blood vessel.

I appreciate £10 doesn't really buy you much, but they could easily have gotten me 2x bottles of Irish cream to drink AND have enough change for a small box of chocolates or a bag of sweets. Alternatively, a 6-8 pack of lager or cider. You know, because some of us at least tried to spend the full amount and buy something nice. F*cking chefs...

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The lube probably cost £8

Keep it in the box (as difficult as that might be) and pay it forward next year. :thumb:

11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Next year I think I'll politely decline to take part; I think I'll fill it with gas from one of the ovens and put a match to it...

12. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Coordinate its return to the cheap git who provided it to you....

13. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I stopped doing secret santa when I got two 278ML multipack bottles of beer in a clearly knackered gift bag with some awful 99p dog chocolates.

Prob cost less than half of what the budget was and looked pathetic.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So you're not happy with your gift then?

[​IMG]

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

This year I declined Secret Santa, I was told I couldn't decline and was handed a card anyway. I calmly walked over to the office shredder and did away with the card without ever opening or reading it.

Someone was very disappointed.

As for the sheep, red paint/paper, blu tac, pin it to the office walls like a gory trophy.

16. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Well F*CK that for a prezzy ..........oh wait that's what it's for lol

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Dec 2015
  17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bet you want one now Tel?

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Dec 2015
  18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

We were banned from doing one after last year someone got a manager a butt plug.

19. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Flooding! Thankfully I live on a hill but a fair few friends have been affected, as have many plans. Thankfully no ones hurt so it's all just 'stuff', but it's not great!

20. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

We do a yankee swap at work that's food and drink related. It's 95% booze, 4% coffee, and 1% my gift of chocolate stuff. I don't drink coffee, tea or alcohol, and I don't particularly want to buy any of those things since it will just mean there's literally nothing I want in the gift pile. Worst case scenario I at least want my own gift.

Last year I got a "Will cook for sex" apron. That was pretty crappy but I re-gifted it later that week. What's worse is last year I put a bag of lemons and some miracle fruit tablets in the gift exchange. I thought it was pretty good all things considered but I'm sure the recipient hated it.

This year I got chocolate from a really nice local place. I kept it in the store's bag and it was the last thing taken.

So not only am I disappointed in what I get, but I'm ruining it for other people too. I think I'll decline taking part next year.