1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Replacement for CM110

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hughwi, 2 Jan 2016.

1. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

OK,

So I completed a mini ITX build in Jan last year, which has been running great, all packed into a CM110 (as per my signature).

However unfortunately the H80 died recently, and the warranty replacement is an H80i (perfect I thought) - BUT - the tubes on the H80i are MUCH thicker and nowhere near as flexible, so I cant for the life of me get it to fit into the CM110.

So - rather than change the build again, I am simply looking to replace the case, what would you recommend? - I need it to fit a full size PSU, 2/3 SSDs, a halfsize GFX card, and the H80i.

I was looking at the CM120 or 130, as the footprint space I have on my desk is quite tight.

I was previously using a Lian Li PC7B which was great. - but dont really want to have to go back to a midi tower.

I may want to upgrade the GFX card at some point, so support for a fullsize GPU would be good.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hugh

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have had a 120 and also own a 110.

Personally I would be looking at the Thermal take Core V1 as I have one of those also (replaced the 120 with it)

I feel its an awesome case, not sure about the H80i but I reckon it could handle it easily.

The 120 was okay but not particularly flexible.

3. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Thanks for the feedback crapbag, that looks like a nice case. I can see a few people that have fitted the old H80i in there, but their tubing looks a bit shorter, its definitely a contender! How quiet is the front fan?

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Hi Hugh sorry I hadn't noticed your reply.

The fan is virtually silent to be honest, I think I have it set that way in the bios and the only thing I hear from sofa sitting distance is when the graphics card feels the need to spin up.

I have a Cooler Master Hyper 103 running in mine on an MSI Z87I cooling a G3258 Anniversary edition overclocked to 4.3ghz and it's all pretty quiet.