1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [MSI Pro Mod S3(Demonstration)] Achromatic Serpent by OrangeClockwerk

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 19 Oct 2015.

1. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

I swear these weeks fly by!! Another quick update, you can see things beginning to take shape now!

Before I get started, thanks to the wonderful sponsors!

[​IMG]

Alright first Id like to show you some more of the headset as I begin to assemble it, the paint theme totally transformed it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up I finished up the memory by making some Gskill decals on the plotter. I use a Cricut.

[​IMG]

The lettering is about .25", the Cricut is pretty accurate even when you start getting into small cuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once it was cut you press on whats called transfer film. It helps you keep the cutout lined up to be placed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then you peel off the film and it lays the decal very nicely!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright and the finale of this update, the motherboard tray was cut on the CNC and mocked up. I will hold it in place with my ABS Clockwerk Case Cubes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now, next week I will get the rear window panel done, it will also hold a small reservoir. I will also be installing the roof panel which will have the IO.

Thanks for watching stay tuned!

2. OrangeClockwerk

Hey everyone! Sorry I am late on my update I was on a roll and wanted to get a bunch done for this one!

Thanks to the amazing sponsors!

[​IMG]

First up I made a window for the rear panel, I just need to glue it into place permanently. It is mocked up with tape now. I used 1/16" acrylic for the window and the trim pieces and cut trim for the inside and out, the window will be held in place by being sandwiched between the glued trim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up the roof panel! I cut a white acrylic panel first. This roof panel will attach to the motherboard tray using my Clockwerk Case Cubes.

[​IMG]

Then I cut a second panel for some contrast and it will be mounting above the white with some 3d printed standoffs I made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I used my Cricut to cut a MSI dragon logo to go on it and fill up the empty space!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats where I am at now! I only have to make my interconnect panel for the water loop, Make a little reservoir, and sleeve the PSU and wire it up! I cant wait! Its coming along really cool!

3. OrangeClockwerk

Alright quick update, ran into a few issues with my CNC software, working out the bugs now to cut my final panel.

Shout out to the awesome sponsors!
    [​IMG]

Alright first is my PSU mod, had to remove as much red as I could. So I made my own vinyl trim and also cut my own grill from 1/16" acrylic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the adjustments fit quite well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another bonus is the scrap from the grill cutout, will fill in the blank space on the roof nicely!

[​IMG]

Here is what I was working on when my CNC PC gave me issues I saved a couple shots. This panel will route the liquid for the water loop. and mount on the motherboard tray between the radiator and the motherboard. Sorry my rendering software is also acting up and I would of had better images to show you, these are the direct models from solidworks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next week will be the final "mods" followed by the final update! Almost there!! Stay tuned!

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Coool!:D
    So what's the issue? Steppers going nuts? 'pooter dyin'? -or the dreaded software timeout?

5. OrangeClockwerk

lol nah well what happened is the XML file corrupted, happened a couple times before, normally is a 1 day fix, reformat, reinstall mach, re-calibrate, well I finally got it calibrated yesterday, turns out a screw holding my bearing sled on my Z axis backed out. So every time i calibrated it I was always off because the carriage would tweak the opposite way, tightened the screw, set the Steps Per and its cutting dead buts again, now Im gonna have to do a double update on this. Im almost done jsut gotta cut that panel, sleeve the psu and wire it up!

6. OrangeClockwerk

Update 10

Alright!

Here is a round of the last updates! My CNC went down last week and everything here went to a screeching halt, not only for this project but the cnc is paying my bills so it became priority to fix it! I got it up and running and it left me with very little time to finish this build but I managed to get it done! Im going to do this as a 2 part update. Here goes!

Thanks to the sponsors for this awesome contest and their patience while I worked out my issues in the shop!

[​IMG]

Here we can take a look at the channel panel I was finally able to make!

First drilling toolpath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then cutting the o-ring channels.

[​IMG]

Then the liquid channels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Came out great!

[​IMG]

Set in place for a test!

[​IMG]

Then I made the cover plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then after tapping all the holes I glued the oring and screwed it together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I attached it to the motherboard tray and it starts coming together!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once on there I got the top panel sorted and attached the gpu!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright thats all for part one! Next up, the rest of the assembly!

7. OrangeClockwerk

Update 11

Alright, and we continue with round 2 of the back to back final updates. Im borrowing some camera equipment later this evening to take my final photos.

Here I continued assembling the top panel, I added rivet nuts to the metal and mounted the panels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets flip over to the bottom side. Added white vinyl to the case feet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I was down there, I cut out for the PSU power cable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the window panel glued into place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the motherboard tray installed.

[​IMG]

I also had to whip up a little 120mm res for filling.

[​IMG]

Then added tubing.

[​IMG]

Custom length wires going in.

[​IMG]

Now were done!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright thats the last of them for the build process! Later today I will be setting up the photo booth for some high quality final photos! Thanks everyone for watching!! Ill be back later today!

8. OrangeClockwerk

Here is a set of the final photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats a wrap!! Thanks for watching!!

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Sweet.:D The contrast is so high, the pictures messed with my eyes a bit.
    Kinda looks odd with 2 hard lines. They don't look as good as the tygon+coils here.

10. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks cheaps, yeah I know what you mean, now that its done I wish I used all white flex tube rather than those 2 hard lines. I could pick apart all my work and try to change things lol =D