1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 1

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 23 Aug 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

Beautiful, You have given me some Ideas for the clear case Im making now. Truly awesome. If you changed the green to red and discoloured the chrome slightly7 it could very easily pass for a "matrix" case - I saw the octopi in the power boxes too.

:jawdrop:

And keep it up I cant wait...

2. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

WOW, I gotta tell ya, this is one amazing project... the progress is unbelievable and it is one of the best mods i have ever seen... it is truly... great

especially for a clear case nonetheless... usually i do not like the look of clear cases at all, but i think you are getting me interested... i have always wanted to do some type of mod with a clear case to make it something original... because the stock parts of some things make it look so ugly... and nearly impossible to tidy... and what you are doing will completely change that, and probably give hundreds of people new ideas...

i too am another Onion....

i love some of your original ideas, the junction boxes make the look really amazing... especially with the shower head rope

the chrome parts i think is a perfect touch for the case (bringing in none clear parts can always change things but chrome is perfect, especially with the green glowing you got going on in there)

Theres so many compliments to say, each individual mod was done very well, great job and i hope to see updates... i will be watching for them :)

3. beppi

beppi What's a Dremel?

Almost speechless :) I try to find something to "bitch" about, so far that is not possible. The only thing my case has going for is: It is an aquarium and all is submerged. Now I guess I have to work a little to beef it up a tatt but will never be in your range.
    :waah: :hip:
    Thanks for your excellent pictures.
    My little project.
    http://www.geocities.com/thetropics/lagoon/3373/

4. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

People keep saying that they hate clear PCs... I too am one of them. The difference between G-gnomes case and other standard clear cases, is that there is actually a reason to look at it inside and out!!! Thats why I don't even have a window mod on my system, cause the inside is boring.

This case and its internal parts are pure art. Hands down, this is the only clear pc I have ever liked, and is probably the best modded case I have seen.

5. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i like shower hose idea for the cables:thumb:

6. GhosTDoG

GhosTDoG What's a Dremel?

Just another Onion who wanted to register here to say that this project is top-notch. The effort and attention to detail is incredible, keep it up.

/me waits anxiously for new pics :worried: :worried: :worried:

7. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

omg u have no idea what this means
    i, first of all, could never design, make (nor afford :hehe: ) such remarkable mods such as those.
    everyone may as well give up because nothing will come near beating this for quite some times :clap:

as for being a newbie, rofl, you make newbies look like newbies at the fetus level
    :D
    thats definately l337

8. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

Looking increadably good G-Gnome... Noramally I can think of something more constructive to say then just 'wow' but it's difficult here - which is a testiment to you attention to detail. I've noticed loads of thing like the fact you've already removed the stickers from your harddrives and polished them...!

Actually one quick thing - the mobo atx power connector isn't fully in it's sheath (ie. you can see plain wire) what's happening here - especially if you've finished the PSU project part?

9. LBJGH

LBJGH What's a Dremel?

10. Fleafa

Fleafa What's a Dremel?

<worship>
    Normally I don't go for the clear cases unless they attract attention to the nice parts of a PC. The trouble is that they always show some cheap, ugly things like cicuit boards for card readers.
    You don't have any ugly bits, it's amazing. So many pretty things, there's always something to catch your eye.

You've managed to take three very showy and so often garish materials/finishes and combine them into one of the most balanced builds I've ever seen.

Congradulations.
    </worship>

11. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Hi Maeterlinck :)

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I have already removed my HDD stickers. No, they aren't polished properly (yet) they are pretty shiny already though but I will take to them and hand polish to a nicer shine when I get to installing them.

As for the PSU, those exposed wires won't be visible at all when the case is finished (nor will the ATX connector). Can't say any more at this stage, you know how it is ;) but thank you for noticing and commenting.

To Zapwizard - Thanks for your comments earlier re:spam and keeping posts relevant, etc. Much appreciated! I hope everyone will stick to these.

The comments and feedback I have been getting so far have been brilliant and I take my hat off to all who have posted, /humbled.

Nice to see even more Onions posting here - I wondered why I had tears in my eyes! :D

12. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

/me inkels at what you may be doing...
    I think I have an idea of what you are going to do - based on what you've done already... I won't say anything but will let you know how close I was when you reveal all...

I the mean time I think I'll twiddle my thumbs...

13. Dark_Blender

Dark_Blender What's a Dremel?

Wow... This thing is glorious. I wanna have my first child with it, its just that sexy! Keep it up! :rock:

14. thorilan

thorilan What's a Dremel?

man i think the most un cool looking part will be the mobo . you gonna get uv pens and do tracing and get a shiny aluminum heatsink and heat sink the mosfets ?
    what waterblock will you use?

oh how bout the southbridge and controller chips like raid ect ect ?
    so far your work is outstanding :thumb:

15. Phlek

Phlek What's a Dremel?

I think this absolutly amazing. SO unique SO clean, I love absolutly everything about it. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve on stealthing the motherboard and all the other components. I'm looking forward to some more updates. Keep up the good work!

16. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Stealthing the motherboard...

I beg your pardon? pleaaaaaaaase elaborate!!

17. Alizarin

Alizarin What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to pipe in to mention that your case was mentioned in the 2cpu forums with lots of good comments there.

I like how the metal conduit stuff looks crossing between the reserviors. Very choice. I may have to borrow that idea for a tubing cover for my rackmount watercooling system. :D

On a humor note, it's kinda like this Penny Arcade cartoon, except replace "Diablo 2" with this case! :thumb:

Excellent work.

18. Every1

Every1 What's a Dremel?

Just another onion

I read the whole thing.........twice

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

^^^----I wish we had that smiley

I might have miss read something, but i thought i heard you say you were going to stealth the mobo....AT LEAST GIVE US HINTS!!!

edit:i would never even use a computer that looked that nice!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: forgoodluck:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

19. Slannesh

Slannesh What's a Dremel?

Damn guy, and for a first try too.. One word

I loved the use of more subtle lighting just goes to show you don't have to blind everyone within 10' to make it look cool. The plastic project boxes chromed were a super nice touch as well.

Definately going to pay attention to this and any future logs of yours as well... Do you have a website up for it yet? If not you should. I see several projects in there that anyone would wanna look into more closely.

I'm sure it's been a hell of an expensive project, but to achieve greatness you have to innovate and spend some bucks. You've obviously done both! Amazing job.

:rock:

20. codeflux

codeflux What's a Dremel?

oh sweet mother of god... this... is... yeah...

using the shower head was INGENIOUS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.