1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Tharsis Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Jan 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

10% I knew you guys were changing things up but that seems a little harsh since you say you loved it :)

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I enjoyed watching a friend play this and get unbelievably frustrated by the time his crew got to week 6 and everything seemed impossible to manage with his remaining crew.

While the game has a fairly good concept, it seems that they need to do a total re-balance of the mechanics as it looks much more challenging that it should be... almost to the point that they didn't play-test the game and just accepted the random number generation would on occasion be fair to the player.

Where are you getting the 10% from?
    I can't see a single mention of scoring in the article beyond the 'Recommended' badge.

4. BenB

BenB What's a Dremel?

Strangely, if you refresh page 2 while keeping an eye on the Recommended badge, you will momentarily see a 10% badge flash up. Odd eh?

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I see, I didn't notice that initially as I don't normally skip straight to the scoring.
    I guess if someone is on a slightly slower connection then it might show up for a bit longer before the script kicks in and hides the old badge.

Looks like whoever codes the templates for review pages might need to do a little tidy-up to remove any reference to the old badges instead of just running a jQuery script to hide them.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Got this and Darkest Dungeon on my Wish List, have bought a few too many games recently to justify getting either at the moment but I do quite like this random luck game mechanic ala FTL.

Nice review.

7. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Darkest Dungeon is coming out of Early Access soon enough, so that's on my "to-review" list.

The rest of this month is pretty busy with Tomb Raider finally coming to PC though, so I'll have to see if I can find a spot for it.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I finally got round to picking this up (in the gog sale), the review from you guys was spot on!

I also like how I can play this game in bite sized chucks at my leisure as and when I have time with no love loss or lack of progress.

The game takes no prisoners, brutal yet compelling!

Tags: Add Tags