1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. pre

pre Minimodder

One of these:

[​IMG]

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

What is it? Waterproof/merino?

Running or MTB?

3. veato

veato I should be working

Neewer wired remote from Amazon for £15.50. Clearly a knock off of a Nikon MC-36a but a fraction of the price and works perfectly.

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Holy hell it's Lance! Hello!

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Manfrotto Amica 30, holds my mini SLR an lenses nicely, blue because it was £6 cheaper than the black one. Go figure!

[​IMG]

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Refurb K70 from Scan with Blues. I now have one at work and at home. I have a problem.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bunch of stuff for event photography:

[​IMG]
    80/20 flash reflector with inserts, £5.

[​IMG]
    Silver/white flash bouncer, £2.

[​IMG]
    Folding hand-held 30cm silver/white reflector with teeny ickle carry bag, £4.

[​IMG]
    Double battery grip for my camera, plus two spare third-party batteries (not pictured), £17 plus £18 (could have had the grip for £12 from China, but I got impatient and went with Amazon instead.)

Last edited: 20 Jan 2016
  9. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

8GB of DDR3 for my very RAM-picky Thinkpad T510. Second hand but I think €28 delivered was a pretty good price.
    Super relieved that it's compatible. I ran 6 passes of memtest86 without errors so I think everything's in order. :)

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

A Nokia 5110 LCD & breakout board and a 5 inch 800x480 LCD with HDMI interface and USB-based resistive touchscreen, both for a Raspberry Pi Zero projects.

[​IMG]

I haven't played with the Nokia screen yet, but the 5" LCD is very pretty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I just need to get the touch screen drivers working... They only provide OS images and not raw drivers. **** using their OS image, they don't comply with GPL by providing their modified source (surprise surprise) so god only knows what they've stuffed into their distro. Luckily, it seems the internet may yet again save the day...

NEXT: LiPo charge/power controller, LiPo cell, tactile switches, analogue joysticks, a teensy, and a crapton of stripboard.

11. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Bought this powerful lil' sucker today after a few months since my first 2 vacuums blew up.. literally..

[​IMG]

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I had to return my headphones and it's taking forever so I bought these for a bargaintastic £46.

[​IMG]

They were normally £129.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GMM103Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Do note though, according to reviews they were very bassy but not too good in the high end. However, reviewers on Amazon say that they need at least two weeks of running in before they sound their best. Either way for the build quality and prowess of MF I thought they were worth it :)

They have to be better than this Steelseries headset that leaks sound like a sieve.

13. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Ordered a new dog treat ball for the pooch n a new lava lamp. I had one 15 years n ive had it on my desk to chill out at night with n the wax has gone funky time to replace. Oh and a new cable for the garage door so i dont keep locking my self out.

14. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Is that not USB? I kinda assumed it was (even looking at the details I can't find any info).

I use a valve DAC/Amp so if it's USB it wouldn't really work...

I'm not terribly fussed tbh dude. I run this thing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Newest-Vers...53472755&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=aune+valve+dac

And I bought these with it at the same time last year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynami...9&sr=8-2&keywords=beyerdynamic+custom+one+pro

And I really liked them apart from two flaws. The first flaw was that they physically popped on the left side when you put them on (something to do with the hinge part) and secondly the left side driver farted when you gave them any bass. The right side was fine though.

I decided to just turn the bass down (even though I'm a basshead and deliberately bought the C1P for the port tuning) because it was probably bad for my ears :D

A few days ago though I found an old headset (I've got about six dude, hence not wanting another one) and decided to try that. It's a SS Siberia? neck band headset. It sounds perfectly fine like, but it's open back so drives my lady potty :D

But yeah, got many sets of headphones and headsets but fancied some decent on ears (because all I have in on ear are replica Beats which are crap).

Ed. The Beyers are being replaced hence not being too bothered but Amazon are taking forever with Collect +..

16. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]
    Pentel Sharp Kerry because my otherwise brilliant Pentel P205 kept stabbing me in the leg when I carry it in my pocket.

[​IMG]
    A €4 14mm f/3.5 fisheye lens. Actually a €2 49mm-52mm step up ring for the €2 Activ Wide-angle converter I found in a second hand store earlier. Combined with my Olympus OM 28/3.5 on a Zhongyi Lens Turbo II it's becomes a monstrous 14mm f/3.5. I'm surprised by the centre sharpness; I'm not surprised by the complete lack of sharpness in all the rest of the frame. Also it doesn't cover full frame completely, showing black borders on the left and right sides. So not a brilliant performer, but a lot of fun for €4.

[​IMG]
    Curved tip tweezers. Very solidly made for a €1 tool from China.
    50 x 1N6263 Schottky diodes. 1 from France was €3,20, 50 from China €3,21 so I picked the latter. ;) Unfortunately they've clearly been in storage for quite a while, showing quite some oxidation which I'll have to clean off. Ah well.

[​IMG]
    6 x V357 / SR44 1,55V batteries. These and the diodes are for a project I'm planning when my exams are over. :dremel:

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

A Linx 8" Windows 10 tablet purchased right from these here forums (thanks tyepye!).

I am stunned at how much tablet you can get for the money these days. New these things cost, like, £80,-- and it has a nice quality screen and an austere but solid build, and its Intel Atom runs Windows 10 quite snappily. Unbelievable.

Makes you wonder why mobile phones cost up to £400,-- or more, when they are essentially just smaller tablets with 4G circuitry added...

18. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

No, 3.5mm jack with adapter for 6.3mm. It's the Cloud II that have the USB connector.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Life Is Strange Limited Edition for the PS4. I already own the game as a download, but bought the boxed version for two main reasons: killer soundtrack on CD and to let Dontnod know that I'd Like More Of This Sort Of Thing Please. Added bonus: the 30-some page art book I was expecting to be of folded paper construction is actually hardback. Tiny, but hardback.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Indie games cheesecake.