1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me? or are people on eBay having a laugh?

Discussion in 'General' started by JonDixon, 24 Aug 2003.

1. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

I just had a look on ebay for an Audigy2 soundcard and the 6700 speakers.

People are looking for £75 and £85 quid for the OEM version of the soundcard and £75 for the speakers

Scan have the s/card for £56 and the speakers for £63 even adding the £10 p&p = £129 compared to the £150+ for 2nd hand gear (before p&p)

Oh it makes me mad when people try to blatently rip me off.

So if anyone knows where I can get this s/card and speakers cheaper then please let me know

2. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

Yeah i know what you mean! Im one of the fools tho. I bought a hard drive thinking it was a good deal but happens that is was the same price as buying from an online store :duh: didnt loose or gain, but would have been more secure!

Cant find anything cheaper than the prices you have there! Even komplett have the sound card at £63!

3. PhilM

PhilM What's a Dremel?

There a good few prices here for the sound card, and here for the speakers.

Great site to use for finding the best prices.

4. JonDixon

Thanks for that will use.

Just annoys me on eBay how people put stuff up with a minimum price tag higher than what you can buy the item from a real shop.

Im all for making money, and selling goods on eBay is good, but some people really do try it on when setting their prices.

5. chill-tek

chill-tek What's a Dremel?

Bidup.tv comes to mind. They had a 2.6 Ghz Pentium on a few weeks back.....£1200 - £1300 it went for iirc.

6. JonDixon

Hi Chill-Tek,

Thanks for the Maze4 its working a charm.

7. chill-tek

Oh right.

Glad you are happy with it mate.

8. JonDixon

Certainly am, in fact after some more gear. When you getting the Q-Tec 550w psu back in stock?

9. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I think eBay is being used too much as a ecommerce service rather than a bidding service nowadays. It should only be used by people selling what they don't want not by people reselling stuff at a profit. That way it would be easier to find bargins and people wouldn't get ripped off by greedy people trying to make a profit. If they want to do that they should set up a shop of their own... :rolleyes:

10. chill-tek

Just sent you email with ETA as not to hog the thread. Sorry peeps.

Yes more and more people seem to be using eBay for retail every day.

11. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

i myself use it for retail
    you have to keep in mind though, whats $50 here could be $100 SomeWhereElse
    so if someone in SomeWhereElse gets the item locally for $75, then obviously hes not going to sell it for less, 'else he'd be loosing profit.

thats why i first check the local shops, and then go on to internet resellers, -then- i search ebay...whichever lists the best price gets my business :)

take lux-design for example...$25CAD for an LEDfan:wallbash: ..scorpionmods sells them for $5.50USD, which is like $7CAD...lux-design said themself that they get the items at around $10CAD (when i emailed them)
    so as you can see their not ripping ppl off, nor is scorpionmods loosing profit, its just that scorpionmods found a l337 distributer of the sort :hehe: :hip: