1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows Laggy

Discussion in 'Software' started by hughwi, 29 Jan 2016.

1. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Hey guys,

So having had my h80 die, I have just got round to a warranty replacement, and now having got everything setup again in a bitphoenix prodigy with an h80i (at stock) - I am seeing some strange behaviour.

Everything seems to be fine, temps are nice and low, everything is responsive as you would expect of an SSD and enough ram, however - as soon as I have more than 1 application open, anything explorer or taskbar based is extremely laggy.

To illustrate what I mean, I cannot get Kortana or the Start Menu to display unless all windows are minimized, and the file explorer window is taking about 10 seconds to appear. - From checking Task Manager, it seems that CPU usage is pegged at 100% = with windows explorer being 50% and system the other 50..

any ideas? - before the h80 died, i was sat pretty at 4ghz, and that was zippy.

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Have you done any virus scans?
    Open task manager and see what services are related to explorer.exe when its sitting at 50%

3. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Yeah, that all seems ok - seems to be related to explorer - am now periodically loosing the start menu and bar - going blank/non-responsive and loosing all icons.

4. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder