1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just to give you guys a heads up, I may soon be doing a vaping fire sale over in the Marketplace section. I'm just waiting for my mate to get back to me to see what he wants; I'll post a link here if/when I put up a thread.

I've packed in vaping altogether now. I tried to do this a while back but totally failed. Switching to zero nicotine really helped though; I find I'm not really missing it, but I'll occasionally reach for my mod unconsciously! I want to be rid if all my kit to eliminate any remaining temptation!

Off the top of my head I have:

IPV D2 75W temp controlled mod
    Subtank nano tank
    Subtank mini tank, with rebuildable section
    Mutation X RDA
    Hcigar Nemesis mech mod, with magnetic fire button upgrade
    Nitecore i2 charger
    BoomBoom coiling jig
    Selection of kanthal wire: 0.6mm, 0.5mm, 0.32mm, 0.3mm, 0.2mm
    Plus whatever wick & PG/VG I have left over

Obviously I'll clean all the tanks and the mech mod before I sell them.

2. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

If the price is right and most of it is still available, I might pick up quite a bit of that.

3. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

The vaping bug has finally got me, few of my mates have been vaping the past year or so so i thought id finally give it a go. Got myself the Smok Micro One for £50 to start out on, loving the mod so far but wished the Micro TFV4 was a tiny bit bigger.

Got a couple of flavours on order from Mole Juice, seems to be one of the cheapest around and highly spoke of on Planet Of The Vapes. also ordered 2x 10ml high VG flavours from LiQuid, not sure if they will be any good as they are quite strange flavor combinations.

any other decent places to buy cheap eliquid from?

4. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Chuff Stuff for desserts and Nova Vapes for fruits. Fantastic juice.

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Vampire Vapes are pretty good, 5x 30ml of Heisenberg bottles for £40

6. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Right, i've run into problems.

I've got Vaper's tongue and it's doing my head in! My tastebuds are perfectly fine with everything except vaping. I just can't taste anything beyond the first drag every hour or so.

Does anyone have any stone-cold solutions? I've had a google, and a lot of it is speculation on what causes it, but no evidence on how to actually get rid of it bar quitting vaping, which isn't an option for me.

GTI: 8bit make some very tasty liquids, but make sure you take the steep option as the flavours really need time to develop.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've had that for ages now. I only taste anything when my coil is burning up and I need to replace it.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I got it with vanilla flavours back when that was the only thing I used to vape a couple of years ago, now I rotate my flavours every other day to prevent a repeat, I still can't taste vanilla flavour vapes.:wallbash:

9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Vape something mildly flavored or juice with stupid amount of menthol (8-10%) in it for a while.

10. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Well, I've got some brrrple left over, pretty high menthol content, but not 8-10% high.

I'll give that a go and see if it works. I've also read that chewing a lemon can cleanse the tastebuds well enough to act as a 'reset'. Screwed up faces, here we come!

Edit: question - best way to clean the atomiser? Soaking in boiling water sucks tbh. There's so much residual odour left even after soaking and scrubbing.
    Are there any chemicals that won't leave a horrible or dangerous stank? Considered bicarb of soda but it might strip the seals.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2016
  11. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I've never had an issue with running everything through hot water then giving it a thorough dry.

Recently got myself an Aspire Cleito, definitely my favourite tank so far. No leaks, excellent coil design, delrin tip with silicone cover things (very mouth friendly) and great vapour/flavour production. The 3.5ml tank helps me reign in my juice consumption as well. Spot on.

12. Vault-Tec

Well I decided to see how bad my vaper's tongue was by switching liquids. So I switched to a Red Bull flavour and I can definitely taste it. How long that will last for though is a mystery (currently been on it for about three days).

When I have to do my next coil change out I will go back to water melon to see if I can taste it again. If I can then I will just have to keep flipping flavours :)

I've got Red Bull, Water Melon and Juicy Peach atm.

13. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

My girlfriend's been vaping for 1 yr 7 months now and I source all her kit for her.

She's currently using eleaf istick 30w and 40w batteries, and they've been very good to her.
    Very reliable and do a good job.
    (she had vision spinner 2's and they were a nightmare to charge and didn't last long)
    Less reliable has been her Nautilus Mini atomiser;
    the coils are giving her around 3 days life - this seems to be a problem a lot of people are having.

Before that she used Iclear 30 and 30s atomisers, until they started giving low coil life.

A lot of these things seem to start good, then the quality of the coils drops.

Anyone else had that problem?

For juice, she swears by ezee-vape's Golden Virginia - she's on 6mg now

14. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Next round of experimentation consists of 2 concoctions from 8bit.
    Menthol Vimto, and a passion fruit vanilla number.

I've also signed up to a subscription box for £30 a month just to see what the deal's like. Will let you folk know how it pans out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

What wattage is she vaping at?
    Is she using genuine coils?
    What VG/PG ratio is her juice?

16. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Also how dark and/or sweet is the juice used?

17. Vault-Tec

According to something I read you are only supposed to use a coil for a day or two.

I change every five days or so now. If I get a 'bum' coil I switch it out sooner but yeah, I change frequently now. I used to let them go for weeks sometimes. For the £1 or so a coil though it just isn't worth it.

18. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Depends on a lot of factors really when it comes to coil health.

I use my own home made dual strand twisted coils (0.5ohm pair) in my RDA and don't change them for weeks, ocassionaly re-wick and degunk through burning, but the metal stays fine.

Costs me ~£4 for 10m of Kanthal, and £8 for a stack of wicking
    That's enough to make ~ 100 coils for £12, I'm still using the Kanthal i got back in march last year...

With the pre-built coils (Kanger etc) they can have wicking issues, airlocks and so forth that lead to burning, and carbon deposits on the coil preventing propper heating, wicking and giving off a bad taste.

There's some info about PG burning and converting to PEG which is somewhat toxic when the coil is in this state.

I found early on that it's better to keep the coil very saturated all the time you use it, going so far as to dummy hit the coil a few times during a session just to make sure theirs liquid there.

19. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

Coils are genuine - checked with scratch code.
    Vaping at 10-12 watts
    80/20 pg/vg
    Using ezee vape golden virginia, so not a dark or sweet juice, thought it does have 'twice' as much flavour as other juices (according to the blurb)

The same juice used to do her ok with coils.

Thanks in advance

Coils clogging up?

20. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Anyone here make their own Liquids? I just ordered a load of VG/PG, nicotine and a shed load of TPA flavour concentrates. Can't wait to start mixing now