1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newsletter annoyance

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Zoon, 9 Feb 2016.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Hi guys,

I'm going to set aside the whole issue of sending email to people who didn't opt in because that topic isn't ever going to resolve and I do appreciate these forums, so it's a small price to pay that you try and include me in your site further.

The issue I have though is as follows:

I clicked the unsubscribe link from my phone, which promptly redirected me to the mobile homepage without actually taking me to the unsubscribe page. in which to enter my details. I've had to forward that URL off my phone onto another device in order to use the webpage.

Please fix your mobile browser detection script to redirect to the URI requested not just the mobile homepage, or put in an interstitial page to CHOOSE whether to display the full website or redirect to the mobile version.

Thanks

Edit: Unsubscribe link also just redirects me to the bit-tech homepage via desktop browser without ever actually telling me if I have unsubscribed or not, or asking me to tell you what email address to unsubscribe or anything. What's the deal guys?

2. E1TSY

E1TSY A cog in the bit-tech machine

Hi Zoon

First of all apologies.
    Thank you for raising this with us, we are looking into these immediately and will fix accordingly.

3. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

and perhaps someone should have spell checked it before hand as I have an "unsbscribe" link at the bottom, proffesshional

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

/irony

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

#implied

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Seconded. Not actually sure whether I've unsubscribed or not.

7. Ares

Ares Coding Legend Administrator

We have fixed the typo in the newsletter and we are currently adding a confirmation for users who decided to unsubscribe, before redirecting to whichever version of bit-tech they prefer to read in their devices.

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

That's the kinda epic turnaround that makes this place awesome. Thank you.