1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 1 Feb 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Excellent review and it looks a cracking Motherboard, decent price & aesthetics..shock horror!!

Are you looking and learning Gigabyte...

A neutral coloured board like this would make a great foundation for colour coded components, especially in something like the gun metal grey Phanteks Evolv case.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Thanks Hustler! Admittedly the RGB lighting in some of Asus' resent efforts has been better but then they do cost more. So long as the PCB and detailing is neutral as you say, that's the main thing though.

4. Dan848

Dan848 What's a Dremel?

Subdued board colors seem to be the rule these days with mostly black or very dark grey. That and "pretty" lighting are worthless to me. I do not have my case open so I can look at the motherboard.

I consider longevity, hardware support or features, and overclocking potential, in that order, most important. As to overall performance, most Z170A motherboards are basically tied at the moment. When I build a computer I want it to last 5 or 6 years or more with the only thing needed replaced are a worn out power supply for stability and longevity and faster video card replacement to keep up with higher demanding games.

Thank you for the review.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sorry if I missed it but what exactly controls the LEDS? is there an app MSI provide? I can't see any pics of it.

Edit. NVM found it here.

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags