1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU PC Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by maple, 11 Feb 2016.

1. maple

maple Minimodder

My computers buggered I think

I switched it on just now and the fans were extrenely loud and it gave a message about the cpu temperature i switched it off immediately then opened the pc and found that the cpu cooler had come loose no idea how this happened 2 of the push pins had come out its been fine for 2-3 years and now it comes out reseated it put it back in and now wont come on, fans spin but nothing on screen

What do i do? Has the cpu overheated and killed itself? needing a replacement cpu, it was an i5 2400

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Grab a new cooler stick it on and see what happens.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Probably the thermal paste is not covering the CPU properly after reseating. A fresh application should resolve it.

4. maple

maple Minimodder

thank you guys I re did the paste and i had another cooler from an older pc which i swapped over and its up & running im so glad thought i might of needed a new cpu

the other cooler ive put on is an arctic freezer its actually a little bit longer than the tx3 so its actually pushing and bending into my ram, my board is asus p8h61 pro and the ram is the corsair vengeance with the big heatspreaders