1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i havent played in a while, the server is unfortunatly to quiet these days...

maybe when 9.0 comes out we can wipe the previous world and start again completely from scratch ?

or some some community events ( like Hermitcrafts Ultimate hardcore PVP events ). it might encourage more people to come and play.

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I wouldn't mind that, although I'd be more inclined to play if the server was a bit more reliable.

Would Bit-tech peeps play if I rented a proper server?

3. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Anyone ready for new update next year? some playtime like before?

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Yeah, I haven't played in ages.. So would be nice to see in the next update with some fellow 'Techers!

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

A friend wanted us to try better than wolves, so we have. Finding it pretty frustrating, I don't mind the fact it's hard to be honest, it's a little tedious at times but ok. I hate the spawning system though, random spawn locations over such a large area is a royal PITA. Just spent 30 minutes flying around and still can't find an older 'hole' i'd left some supplies in.

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

what is our server address? I want to try and play:)

7. lilgoth89

xm.got-game.org should get you on via direct Connect ( thats how i get on anyway )

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

cool, thanks.

9. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

I'm there. :)

10. lilgoth89

so how would people feel if we started a new world for 1.9 ? the server seems empty these days...

or did some community events like UHC to liven up the server a little bit

11. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I've recently started a project on the server, but if we're making a new world.. I'd prefer it sooner than later so I don't lose much! :thumb:

12. lilgoth89

has the server gone down ? im unable to connect ?

1.9 got released today so i guess we need to figure out what we are doing in terms of re-starting the server

I would personally prefer a restart considering the changes to the End and such, and also it might encourage some of the older members to come on and build something, i have a few ideas for a new project id like to try out, abit of a departure from my previous cathedral build, but the scale is much the same

13. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Server is still up, you just need to revert back to 1.8.8 since v1.9 auto-updates! And as for the server re-start, i'd be up for it as it completely changes some things (End, for example) and then we can all work towards a massive project as well!

14. wst

wst Minimodder

I've recently started playing Minecraft again (gf has a 6 year old obsessive, I needed to play it again for research), so I'd be up for getting involved again!

15. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hey all, your friendly admin here..

I have not been keeping up with the updates apparently :blush: To get that up and running again will take some time, because I will need to check all the plugins again.

World-wise we could keep our current strategy by creating a new world(s) for 1.9 (or what ever we are at). That could present a performance issue if people keep visiting older worlds though.
    Could also take out the really old worlds and put them on an FTP or something!?

Not sure how many (semi) active players there are to be honest. Should I keep the server running or would you guys be happy with downloads for the current worlds?

For me personally my interest is most likely never going to return to minecraft to be honest :)

16. lilgoth89

well i have been getting back into Minecraft, but since She who must not be named isnt whitelisted, and i havent spotted a mod on in quite a while we have been playing on a different server. The Bit-tech server has been far to quiet recently...

i would love to get a new world up and running if people came back... but as it stands with your interests elsewhere it might be worth just shutting down the server ( if you have to pay for it anyway )

17. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hey all,

Not sure if any of you have the same issue, but for some reason for me the changeip dns service is not working properly. The xm.got-game.org domain resolves to a wrong IP while changeip is configured with the right IP. Not sure what is going on there. Because I also can not get their IP update service working I have also registered at an other Dynamic DNS service.

New hostnames:

xmmc.duckdns.org
    xmts.duckdns.org

18. lilgoth89

well me and the Mrs popped on today for a wander around, nobody on as usual

and she still isnt whitelisted so we can only visit /world

id love to start on a new world, but the problem is id prefer a community around that new world, else we basically could just play a LAN world

19. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I'd be up for a new world also, just haven't been on in a while due to moving house again and bits

20. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Afternoon all :),

Not been on the server for a long while, anyone fancy sparking interest back into the Minecraft server or maybe organising a new one ?