1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Photo Recovery on Android

Discussion in 'Software' started by lilgoth89, 21 Feb 2016.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

so my mother turned to be earlier on after accidentally deleting some of her old photos on her Galaxy S5 Mini and asked if i could recover them

so i fired up Recuva from Priform and set to work as normal, only to be stopped instantly by Recuva, not being able to communicate with my mothers phone, so i went to manually set it to mass storage mode only to find the option has now been removed. The only options are PTP or MTP

so basically i need a program that can recover her photos from the device either installed to the device or used from my PC

any thoughts ?

2. roundyz

roundyz What's a Dremel?

could you flash it to a rom that supports mass storage mode and leave the user partition (SD) intact?

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Worth checking to see if they've automatically been backed up to google drive? (it's usually on by default)

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I generally wouldn't advise writing to storage you wish to recover from, but a quick search of the Play Store suggests there are a few well reviewed recovery apps for Android that would run on the device.

I think my go to recovery software PhotoRec might be able to do MTP too: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_FAQ

Last edited: 23 Feb 2016
  5. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Could be backed up on a few options on the phone she doesn't know about.

Dropbox and Drive etc.

6. Duncan7722

Duncan7722 What's a Dremel?

I also need to recover my deleted photos from my Samsung S6, any help?

7. afrasiab

afrasiab What's a Dremel?

the photos can be recovered easily by using apps which are available on playstore. I have used an app which I find on playstore which have recovered my photos.