1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Warren Spector on-board for System Shock 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 19 Feb 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Wasn't this whole ordeal basically the reason for Bioshock's existence? From what I heard, you get the elements of System Shock but in a different format, so you aren't potentially screwing up a good thing.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2016
  3. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I suspect that's what we'll get again.

I didn't hate Bioshock, but it wasn't System Shock 2, which is as near to a ten-tenths video game as we're ever likely to see.

The need to make it accessible to the average seven-year-old PS4 gamer will screw it up. It's inevitable.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I never played either System Shocks, but I personally wasn't a fan of Bioshock. Easily the most over-rated game I've ever played. Sure, the graphics were nice and the twist at the end was fun. The voice acting was well-done, but the splicers yelling all the time eventually became incredibly annoying. The concept of Rapture was also really cool, but the game rarely took advantage of being in an underwater city; they basically just used it as an easy excuse to imprison you. Overall, I felt the game was such a chore to play.

</rant>