1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I never played the first one so I've got no frame of reference.

I only completed The Witcher 3 recently and I'm still midway through Fallout 4. I'll be taking an RPG break for a while but I'll be picking it up sometime in the near future.

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

MGS 5
    26 hours or so in and I think i'm only on mission 15
    of 50
    I keep getting distracted on side missions! Good value so far but it looks like it could be a 70 hour-er!

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Batman: Arkham Knight

Technically I've completed the main storyline, but have yet to capture the last two villains or do any of the additional DLC (apart from the ones that are added in the main story game, like Killer Croc).

Bloody fantastic. A crying shame that the PC version was released in such a state - as it is, it now works fine on a 980Ti at 4k maxed out, though it still has the very occasional crash.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

I've only played about an hour and a half so far, but it looks incredible and is fun to boot (just like Arkham Knight). The maximum settings hit a PC hard though - my Titans were running flat out (top one hitting 92C) and VRAM usage hit 9.9GB :eek: .

4. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I am still going through Xenoblade X about 100 hours in, its an amazing game and the only reason i still own a wii u.

in a massive lack of weakness and missing my old man i re-subbed to wow and decided to level a toon from 1-100, this game kept me in touch with family while i was at uni. been a few years since i went back (2-3 addons ago)

alongside wow i've got Final fantasy explorers on my DS which i love due to its mission style i can do 1-2 missions then put it down and pick it up as n when.

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Fallout 4
    I've been doing a lot of exploring over the weekend, a lot of it in the water as there's a lot of the map that seems to be mostly unused in the game. It's a shame really as a few more underwater quests would add to the variety and make things more interesting... it feels like a lot of wasted space.

Divinity: Original Sin
    Picked up a copy on the PS4 last week as I felt like replaying through it on a different platform from the PC for a change. The controls are a little bit awkward on the console, making it take a little bit longer to do combat and I keep accidentally hitting the 'stealth' button.

Just Cause 3
    Absolutely loving this game.
    The story isn't anything spectacular, but it's never been a strong point for the whole franchise as they're more of a chaotic playground than story driven games. The game is still having a multitude of performance issues when you go near certain areas or destroy too many things at once, no total crashes but it stutters and freezes up quite a bit on my 670.
    Zipping around in the wing-suit is by far my favourite activity, you can create some pretty awesome stunts with it.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dying Light: The Following.
    Not sure that adding a car to this Dying Light DLC brings anything to the game at all being as the original game was all about climbing and parkour and there is very little of that here. It is mainly get a quest, which of course is going to be on the other side of the map, then return. They flung in a few very big monsters which you can pretty much beat with one headshot from the crossbow or in the case of the bosses several headshots.
    But it is passing the time between bouts of living-room decorating.

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

DiRT 3 lately, not much else

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Having some internet issues at the moment so not playing much CS, have played a couple of games of 6v6 TF2 which were good fun when my internet played ball.

Also started putting some time into Don't Starve: Shipwrecked and XCOM: Enemy Unknown, definitely want to play more of them both over the next couple of weeks!

9. Thaifood

Thaifood Minimodder

agreed with you there... not enough parkour now.. its all about the buggy/driving

10. GravitySmacked

Rise of the Tomb Raider - brilliant port, runs like and dream and looks incredible. One of the best looking games on PC at the moment in my opinion. I enjoyed the last one and this one (so far) seems even better.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I enjoyed it also but absolutely no replay value as you can pretty much get every collectable on the first run through.

12. GravitySmacked

Not a problem for me as I rarely replay games these days.

13. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

I just finished a 71 hour run through. Considering it was released in 2009 I thought it looked okay. The inventory, item and looting system was really crap, and the combat was not much fun. The blatant sexism and objectification of women also got tiresome. The story was reasonable and Geralt was good character.

On to Witcher 2!

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Just rolled over the 100 hour mark here with 2 more side missions out of 150 to do. The last part in the second half of the main missions I couldn't be bothered to do for reasons you'll find out later.

One fully upgraded base + 2/3rds of one FOB upgraded, 300+ items researched with '0 specials'.

EDIT: 103 hrs and all side missions are done. Last time I have to load that up now!

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Feb 2016
  15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Decided to go back and start playing Space Pirates and ZOmbies (and BOunty Hunters) again.

SHould also start playing Grim Dawn and Disgaea this weekend as they've both just been released.

16. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Wargame: Red Dragon - had this since release but after over playing it and then giving it a good 6 month break I have got back into it. I really like the large number of customization in the unit variety in the 'decks' you create, forming a fighting force suited to your play style.
    Personally I tend to advance slowly, so like to use armored recon and heavy infantry transports to creep forward with the tanks, using airpower to blunt incoming attacks. Then use said infantry to garrison captured sectors.

Combined with large maps, a good line of sight system and highly customisable match options, it's a great title.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

blew the dust off 2205 in time for the Tundra expansion, its not as bad as I remember and fs I've got the Anno bug bite again.

18. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I found that with the first one. But, I didn't hate it because it fitted into the medieval/renaissance, fantasy world they created. Women were objectionified and weren't seen as much more than mothers back then, everything almost was dominated by men. They had no rights nor power and men were far more valuable. It fits into the cruel world that the witcher is set in. A world in that time period would certainly not have any kind of equalism.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

20. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Stardew Valley - Finding it wildly addictive and very much fun. The game keeps expanding so although it seems very simple from afar it contains a surprising amount of depth. Highly recommended :thumb: