1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Aww :( Why are you closing it if you don't mind me asking? How much data in total and how much traffic a month does it generate? I would love to help out and could even host everything (depending on the traffic, but I'm sure it's not a problem)

This! Is a great idea too :) Again, If needed I can/want to help :)

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

It helped me when I needed it, I'm willing to donate a (modest) amount to keep it going for others.

3. Ron-ski

Ron-ski What's a Dremel?

@Maki role, those are amazing models, they look almost real, fantastic work.

That's a real shame :jawdrop: I've not looked in on this thread for some time, been busy with other stuff, used to look in whenever there was a post but seemed to stop getting the emails.

Is there a particular reason to closing the website, there's no collection quite like this that I'm aware of and it would be a shame to lose it?

Edit: Would it be possible to have download link for the entire collection all zipped up please?

4. herghost

herghost What's a Dremel?

That is a huge shame, recently desiging my own desk and have been browsing the last few days, only to find I cannot access it today :-(

I too would love a zip of the files, I have registered pcsketchupmodels.com, give me a couple of days to get it setup and I can add all your existing models to the new site

5. darknessblade

darknessblade What's a Dremel?

i have made a realy nice desk-case mod (still work in progress, but it can be used as design)
    if your closing it down, can you make a link to a rar/zip file with all the designs that are on the site?

(for those who ask it, [yes everything is on scale])

[​IMG]

6. Apsurdistan

Apsurdistan What's a Dremel?

in which programs should I start with 3d modeling?I am working in sketchup for almost 3 years,but i expect more,the worst thing is that i have win32,so i can't run most of 3d programs,which are expensive,too,so I will be happy if you recommend me some free programs & renders.Thanks

7. scooby

scooby Minimodder

I know I have not been around for a long time. Just chiming in to say thank you to jezmck for the many year of helping all of us here in the forum. jezmck, you've been a great friend and I wish you the best on your next adventure.

You'll be closing the site but will you still be here in the forum right? Can't believe it's been that long. You helped so many people myself included and hope you continue doing so.

Again thank you for the many years and dedication in helping the SU community here.

scooby:thumb:

Teelzebub likes this.
  8. lipo

lipo What's a Dremel?

thank you for your site !

--------------------------------------

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Let's give jezmck some more rep! :clap:

Teelzebub likes this.
  10. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I'll give the man some deserved REP

11. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I was thinking in the groups but not sure if you can in the groups

12. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia What's a Dremel?

Is it supposed to be colored? The casing and connectors are just white for me.

13. Aibohphobia

That makes sense, though I usually just turn on monochrome view when I need to see detail.

In that case, maybe you could consolidate the materials? There's quite a few materials considering only a few parts are colored.

14. Aibohphobia

You have 49 materials in the model file when all I see are white and black. If I use the purge unused function that drops it to 4 but even then there's white, a texture that I don't see used anywhere on the exterior, charcoal, and black.

The texture may need fixing but the other two should be consolidated to either the black or charcoal.

It's good to use as few materials as possible because these SketchUp models are for people to use for planning their builds so they'll have many different components and if each of them had 20-30 materials the material browser would be unuseable.

15. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

Grr.... silly smooth edges giving me issues when i try to size a radiator properly. XD

Sad to see this is closed though. There were a ton of useful items in there.

16. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

Sorry to necro post but Yes please yes please also if you have some tubing that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance

17. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

Tubing is very easy to do in sketchup. jsut draw out your centerline, and use the "follow me" tool after highlighting the paths you want the tubing to follow. :)

[​IMG]

18. IWantAnA2

IWantAnA2 What's a Dremel?

Wow. This is awesome. If only I'd seen this before I tore my PC apart and laid it out. :/

19. alan1476

alan1476 What's a Dremel?

Excellent, love the build. Would like to see it already built , love the cooler in the bottom