1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 6 Mar 2016.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Anybody else become completely addicted to Stardew Valley?

For anyone living in a cave: it's like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Animal Crossing, but on PC. It's being developed by one person and boy is he doing a stellar job! He listens to the community and is squashing bugs on an almost daily basis!

I always had an unhealthy Animal Crossing addiction so I was sure I'd like this. I didn't expect to like it quite this much though! I cannot stop singing its praises. It's about £11/$15/€15 on Steam, Humble Store and GOG.

If you're already down the rabbit hole, this planner tool is really rather good! :thumb:

Last edited: 7 Mar 2016
  2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Thanks! :thumb:

Got the game from gog, it's great and more addicting than crack, probably. - Almost better than the Harvest Moon I remember from the good old SNES days.

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I was about to ask if the music was as good, then I remembered I meant sailor moon, not harvest moon. I'll leave now, checking my geek card at the door. Sorry guys.

4. Hex

It's ridiculous. Before I bought it I was waking up every day wanting to play it (watching on Twitch instead). Then I got it and all I do is leave the game open all day so I can dip in and do "just one more day"!

I was going to say I was surprised to not see a thread on the forums already, but I think everyone who owns it is playing it :p

5. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Got very addicted to this, even bought it twice, first on Steam and then again from GOG for my wife. Really happy with the calmness of the game and the general atmohspere. Very soothing but completely addicting as that 'one more day' syndrome kicks in :)

6. Hex

Multiplayer on PC comes out of beta and launches on Wednesday August 1st! Console launch to be announced.

I love this game so much I now own it on Steam, Xbox one and Switch :D

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

OMG. I have been so undecided to buy this or not, then I see this post. I have just under £10 in my steam wallet. I started playing this on the Switch, but can I hell get used to the button pressing compared to the xbox controller (in general)
    The first few in game days I was like WTF is this ...................... But then it starts to make sense.

So I am ready to take the plunge and buy it, but I need to have an understanding on the best way to play this game so I do not get P**** off

8. Hex

You can play it however you want, it's really flexible (which is why I think co-op is going to be really good). But you might want to find out what the most profitable crops are each month and don't worry about having to talk to everyone all the time, find out what gifts they love and give them that on their birthdays and everyone will love you in no time! :) Technically the game ends after 3yrs, but you can keep playing for as long as you want.

Normally I try and get all the community centre stuff done and/or make lots of money, but for my first save on the Switch I've been taking it really easy. It's weird not having everyone friends with me, or having access to things (or money :waah:) but I just wanted a really relaxed save for the Switch as life has been a 'mare lately and it's nice to take my mind off everything.

Mr Happy likes this.
  9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I've been playing it for a long time... haven't touched the multiplayer features yet, but it comes out of beta on August 1. Steam says I've played 728 hours... seems about right.

Hex and Mr Happy like this.
  10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Bought it on the weekend, haven't played much of it yet though (think I'm on Day 4) can't seem to find one last person for the introduction task (old guy with a white beard)

11. Hex

I assume that's Linus? Hint: he's a homeless guy... keep exploring and you should find him ;)

Blademrk likes this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've bought this on PC and Switch and it's been more than worth it. I still find the controls much better on PC, but I'm getting used to the Switch and you can't beat playing it handheld. It's so addictive it's ridiculous. There's been so much added since I played my last save, so I had to go back and start again. It's frustrating as hell having to work from the ground up again, but it's still rewarding :).

Right now I'm concentrating on finishing the bundles so I can get access to the really good locations (like the desert mine).

Hex likes this.
  13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Keep meaning to go back to my farm, my poor chickens probably think I've been abducted.
    I think I was about 2/3 through my first year when I last played, going to have to remind myself what I was trying to accomplish when I load up again.

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

SPOILER. I hadn't got that far yet.