1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, we rang 'em today. Oddly, though, everyone else in the house seems to have dodged the bullet - but we're giving ourselves a dose of Full Marks anyway, just in case!

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

What's more frustrating is that nursery can't go to the parents "your kid has lice sort it out" instead they have to make a little poster to go on the front door of the nursery which just gets ignored.

3. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Look on the bright side, it gets better when they get to school... No wait, it doesn't

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Definitely no lice on me, the misuse, or the babby, which is good. We gave Alice the treatment (and the wife and I had a dose as well, just in case) and pulled out dozens of dead lice and nits with the comb, and it looks like we've caught 'em all. Will dose again in a week, keep up regular combing to check for reinfestation, and we've got a supposed repellent spray for nursery days!

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Your welcome. I still think it is a ploy by Microsoft to get us all to move over to Windows 10 as I have never had this issue in the past yet I have reinstalled Windows 7 on two of my PC's and both have taken a ridiculous amount of time to install updates.

6. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

After 2 months I am still unemployed. Despite having worked for two years in an industry which is experiencing a "skills shortage" and about to enter a new "Renascence", I can't even get an interview. I think I need to start looking further north but the girlfriend doesn't want to go further north than the midlands, and that might not be enough for me.

I have over £27k in student debt and what good has it done me? I was passing out CV's in coffee shops this morning :(

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

after 6 months of phyiso for my knee for it keep slipping of of place and popping to be signed off 2 weeks ago as it was looking good its popped today while at work and i'm back to square one having to start all over again

8. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Currently im struggling at work with some depression. My line manager is unreasonable, not just with me right enough but i feel it alot. I work in a warehouse. Space is very very tight at the moment, bursting at the seams. But the line manager keeps taking space off of us. So a normal delivery is taking us 3 times the length of time, moving stuff constantly to fit things in within an inch of a difference. Complete crap. I have to say walking up and down 20 isls holding an average size hoover.....i feel like i wanna breakdown sometimes. So much worse with larger items. But knowing you have 20 cages full of the stuff on a slow day....killing me currently.

Rant over.

9. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Monday! Monday is ruining my life :sigh:

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Not really life-ruining, but I'm sure you'll understand:

You ever get those days when you wish your other half didn't know your ebay/paypal passwords?

I just got a call from her: "you know you said you wanted windows server 2012? I saw one cheap in ebay and bought it. It was only £25, so I didn't think it would last long."

I love her to bits, and I'm actually fairly impressed she was listening to me yesterday as I griped about wanting a copy of Windows Server 2012, never mind having the nous find it on ebay - computers really aren't her thing, but shopping... well, that's another matter - So, it's gunna be difficult for me to explain to her that she hasn't actually bagged a bargain for me, but has more than likely been ripped off. :sigh:

Sure enough, I've checked my email and there's a key and a google drive download link. How much are you willing to bet that key will permit a image download from Microsoft? :rolleyes:

Still, coulda been worse - she might have ordered me a £150 stock Skylake heatsink.

I'm off to change my passwords and rehearse ways to let her down gently.

Last edited: 14 Mar 2016
  11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Echo that, yes back again, like speadie not really life ruining more a royal pain in the arris.
    Came off the bike in the woods yesterday doinked a tree with the edge of the bars an fell sideways none to serious. Only issue was what I hit, in this instance a rhododendron which is fine its not thorny just some leaves but one of the branches was obviously ill tempered an have given me a lovely bruise right on the edge of the muscle just on my quad which incidentally is just where my shin/knee pads stop. Much ow walking today.

12. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Ahmen brother lol

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Was not happy last night and this morning I am still pretty annoyed.

Sat on my GT Omega Racing chair last night, only to end up going A over T and when I looked in to why, I found the base of the chair has snapped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The really annoying part is that it's 4 months outside of warranty, going to have to get in touch and see what they say, as when it went it basically destroyed the mounting plates on the left and right hand side, not happy considering the price of this chair.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's worth a shout - from what I've heard, their customer service is supposed to be pretty good.

I bought one for my eldest at xmas - they look very well made.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2016
  15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It has been great until last night, and is really comfy I can sit it in for hours on end without getting a numb bum unlike quite a few other chairs that I have had.

I did recommend them to everyone who asked me about chairs but now I don't know, after looking at it the metal that makes up the frame is really thin.

I may have been unlucky with mine but it does seem like a weak point of the frame.

16. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

If you get no joy with warranty I reckon a mechanic could weld that back together.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

My brother can weld it, he's going to come round one of the nights if I get no where with it and stick a steel rod in and then weld it up, and then make some plates up to fix the mounts on the side.

18. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Do you, per chance, ever partake in the Donuts and Pies Grand Prix?

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Love it :thumb:

I am under the weight limit for the chair, as that is one of the reasons I bought the chair in the first place.

Most chairs I looked at have a "limit" of 110Kg's, compared to the GT Omega chair which has a "limit" of 150Kg's, and I am a good 25Kg's under the limit.

I wish I was less, but unfortunately I am limited on what I can do physically.

20. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Well I think the lesson here is that, had you weighed a bit more, the chances are the chair would have given way inside the warranty period, so.... mo' pies and donuts! :)