1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer BlackWidow X Chroma Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 31 Mar 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Out of all the available RGB Mech keyboards I think I'd go for the Corsair Strafe.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Fair enough. Most are good choices tbh. Is that for looks along or something else?

4. SchizoFrog

It's a combination of things... The return of the Sails, the overall style and looks, the 'silent' RGB keys...
    I do have a habit/tendency to follow a brand once I have 'fallen' for them (I currently have an ASUS MB and GPU for example as I like them to match) and Corsair just seems to be a brand we can currently 'trust' more than certain others. Their products right across the board get excellent reviews and there are few horror stories about quality... I already have the 250D unopened waiting for me to gather the funds for the inevitable and long overdue upgrade to a new build, I'd most likely go with a Corsair AIO (unless I do go full custom WC) and I'd like to have a Strafe as I mentioned... although I have little reason to replace my Logitech G500.

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

The Silent RGB keys are certainly cool. Be careful with a Corsair AIO in the 250D though, the H100i GTX or H100i V2 as I think it's now called won't fit ;)

6. SchizoFrog

Yeah, that was something I asked in the forum and had it confirmed that it doesn't fit. It was my thinking behind going for a custom loop instead, especially with EK's new expandable 'kits'. Due to finances and a lack of experience, I'll stick with an air cooler for the initial build and then see what space there is and go forward from there.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2016
  7. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

It's weird how the Razer and Corsair boards are so often discussed as close competition to each other, really. They share the same unusual layout, which I assume means they're actually both made by the same OEM?

It's difficult to believe two major companies would be so daft independently, anyway.

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Be nice to have a proper enter key on it though

Early review samples often are US layout only, just need to make sure you're buying UK layout :)

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Apr 2016
Tags: Add Tags