1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ThermalTake P5 MOD/HYDRA by Wrathier/Aquatuning

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Wrathier, 8 Feb 2016.

1. Wrathier

Wrathier What's a Dremel?

Finally weekend. Last picture of the PC.

So finally we are here for now. One step closer to a loop with the 2 GTX 980 Ti's included. :thumb:

This is the last picture of the machine as it was before the remake:

[​IMG]

Stay tuned. :D

Last edited: 8 Apr 2016
  2. Wrathier

Remake made. GFX water blocks added.

So now that the 2 980Ti's went into the loop it feels a lot more fun. :D

I've been looking forward to that for some time and I'm very happy the computer booted and so far is running okay. The core temps is lowered by ~30 degrees Celsius. Around half what they ran idle before.

So far no hiccups and I decided to run a 3DMark Extreme & Ultra to see results and everything is working within acceptable parameters :)

So good looking those chips:

[​IMG]

I decided to go with some ARCTIC MX-4 paste just to see how it works out. So far it works out really good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Uncutted size):

[​IMG]

That's basically it right now. :thumb:

Last edited: 10 Apr 2016
  3. Wrathier

New side panel.

Today my new side panel was completed and ready for pickup. I won't be cluttering it this time. - Not as much at least. :)

[​IMG]

4. Wrathier

Name of the game.

One of my mates thought I should give this machine a name instead of my usual "EVGA/INTEL/RED etc etc" so I decided to call it HYDRA.

I'm working on getting the part needed to get the HDD under water and hopefully I'll manage to get that done pretty soon.

5. hovek

hovek “Can’t or won’t?” Sterling Archer

Looks much better now with clean window man. Get some photos with better/natural light maybe, so we can see more ;)

6. Wrathier

Thanks a lot man. I really also invested some time into it now. :)

The pictures are a bit dark as I try to get them to look like I see them when I'm in the room. I'll bring the computer into the "neighbor" room and get some pictures of the details when I'm satisfied. For example am I working on getting the cabling from the PSU stripped up and I want them to go through a grommet I've received. - Still working on that idea.

Here are a few pictures with more brightness:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The window is custom made as I needed a new one when I decided that the old one was cluttered beyond repair.

Last edited: 12 May 2016
  7. Wrathier

Stability/Benchmarking.

So around a month have passed and so far no issues.

I run my cards @ a stable core speed around 1455 - 1459 and it's rock solid. 24/7 uptime as that is the requirments I have for any build I make.

The CPU is chilling @ 4400MHz on all 8 cores except doing benchmarking as I overclock more doing those and so far I've managed to max out my temps at around 55 degrees on the CPU.

A funny thing I've noticed: The GPU's normally tends to get warmer on the top card, but since PHYSX is being drawn by card 2 automatically, that card is actually a bit more warm than the top card in general though I can make that different by switching PHYSX settings.

I'm still working on getting my metal grommet(s) into place, but I've decided to wait until I drain the machine as it can wait a little longer.

Anyway the Alphacool water cooling plates sponsored by Aquatuning have really shown their worth. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised about the quality and the difference from normal fans to water with backplates. Even with a giant radiator and a push/pull config. Also, it's really really warm up here as my house is in 2 planes, but it doesn't seem to impact temperatures at all. Not even the slightest. Pretty awesome.

The current uptime since last update/installation of software is only 7 days, but here is a screenshot of the GFX's performance/temperatures. Game used for testing is primarily Just Cause 3 and Far Cry Primal.

[​IMG]

Since none of my pictures shows the back of the computer since I rerouted the hoses I've one here so you can see how the loop is completed from the reservoir to the pump on the back.

Still I'll get a lot more pictures in "daylight", but until I drain and clean or get hold of the HDD water cooling plate I need, I won't be moving the machine as it's very heavy.

[​IMG]

I will however add another red chassis USB 3 disk to the top of the other one very soon - just got the cover home and that I'll try to get an awesome picture of as well as some other details.

8. Wrathier

Cleaning and better images.

Today was actually meant to be used to replace an Alphacool HF 19/13 compression fitting 45° revolvable G1/4 - Deep Black with an Alphacool HF 19/13 compression fitting 90° revolvable G1/4 - Deep Black and get a metal grommet into place. - I bought the drilling head I need for that today.

Unfortunately I'm 1 Alphacool HF 19/13 compression fitting 90° revolvable G1/4 - Deep Black short so that will have to wait a little longer.

However, I got some new images with more details and more light and in overall just better pictures. Hope you like it and welcome the small improvements I made here and there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On top the AX1500i I've placed 2 X USB 3.0 hard drives for extra storage. I'll probably add as many as possible with the space available:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Wrathier

What is a buld for?

A great PC build is not just for show off. For me it's not only about benchmarks and bragging rights, but simply:

Can you come home from work sit down in your chair, look around in your room and feel comfortable and crash a game in good quality without hickups from your PC though it's above 30 degrees outside?

Sure we can :)

HYDRA Gaming:

https://youtu.be/MEInYjFHOY4

I'll be back when the correct fitting is installed into the system.

Untill then: Remember to have fun. Enjoy the weather and your friends and in general have a good time. :thumb:

10. Wrathier

Up on the wall.

So finally after a longer wait I decided that it was time to start getting this machine up on the wall. Please disregard any cable management as it isn't complete yet. I guess you can see that lol :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Jul 2016
  11. Wrathier

HTC Vive

So a little cable management have been looked at, still not completly done or anything I guess, but at least it looks pretty awesome I think. Check it out here with the HTC Vive:

[​IMG]

Hope you like it. :thumb: