1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Anyone used Flubit?

Discussion in 'General' started by GTIgeneral, 26 Dec 2015.

1. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

So I've been shopping around for a NZXT G10 in white but most retailers seem to be out of stock and scan list it as end of life, however they have them on Amazon for £30 which is £10 more than other places sold them for.

So I came across Flubit which I've never heard of before, they quoted me £25.

Anyone had any experience with them?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

2. pre

pre Minimodder

Genuine stock - iirc something to do with undercutting Amazon fees. Never had to deal with warranty process though

3. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

used it alot over the years and only had 1 return that honestly went as smooth as if id dealt with amazon direct.

only thing id note is a few things i've ordered have had another companies name on it so assuming they try n get deals with bulk buys

4. Goatzil_11

Goatzil_11 What's a Dremel?

I've used them quite a few times, no issues with them so far, their customer service is not bad as well.

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Was going to start a new thread but found this here so I may as well contribute.

I'm currently midway through my first ever Flubit experience and it's not a good one, however that may be more because of the supplier than Flubit themselves.

I placed my order two weeks ago yesterday for some stationery on Amazon, a Staedtler 555 compass set for £20 (RRP is £65), and I received an email the following day (Friday 15th April) confirming the dispatch of my order and giving me an expected delivery date of 20th April. Since then I've really regretted going through Flubit because I could have had next day delivery direct from Amazon but wanted to clinch the bargain.

Since placing my order the Amazon price for the compass set has gone up to £35, almost double what I paid, and I wonder if this has anything to do with my order mysteriously going missing/lost in the post. Most other retailers are charging a similar price for the set, and some considerably more.

I was just on the phone to Flubit a few minutes ago after having been in touch with them by email over the weekend, and the CS agent was very polite and helpful and he said that he will chase up the supplier again and resolve the matter for me within 24hrs.

I've read on HUKD that some customers have waited up to two weeks for delivery of their Flubit orders, which frankly is ridiculous in this day and age, and the lack of information about my order makes me wonder if I'll end up being one of said customers.

Based on how things are going, I'd be inclined to consider this my first and last Flubit experience - in hindsight I'd rather spend an extra few bob and actually receive my order in reasonable time!

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Attempted to use it, but after trying multiple browsers (on multiple mahcines, from different network connections no less) with multiple credit and debit cards, having their checkout process fail every time, and their technical support not giving a damn, I've given up.

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yeah I don't think I'll be using it again in a hurry. I was on the phone to Flubit again yesterday and at my request the order has been cancelled and I have been fully refunded, two weeks after placing the order. I decided instead to buy the item on ebay and all being well I should receive it tomorrow. Even if I have to wait until Monday, it's a damned sight better than waiting for two weeks only to get nothing at the end of it!

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have after seeing it here and have bought one or two items, but I was a tad pissed off when a total saving was only 30p but they tried to make out it was around £7.

I did use it the other day for a £560 Evga GTX 980Ti and they came back with an offer of £520inc which was pretty decent. Did not buy it as it would have meant sticking a bit on my credit card and I try my hardest not to do that plus Pascal will be out in the not ver distant future which may well have a bearing on which GPU I buy.

9. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I've used Flubit quite a lot since I first discovered it last year. In the early days I did have one or two orders take a week or two to turn up, due to very slow processing by the merchants I think, but all of the orders were fulfilled and I didn't mind the delays when they happened as I was saving money. Recently they seem to be faster, generally speaking, and in fact I've had several orders arrive next day, particularly when they're fulfilled by Fireworks Direct which I believe is owned by, or owns, Flubit.

I did have a recent order not get dispatched, and ultimately cancelled, but that was down to the order email landing in the seller's spam folder, along with my support request asking what was taking so long. That was the seller's fault though and fortunately I was able to reorder and get the item next day from Fireworks Direct.

Based on my experiences I'd say they're certainly worth using if you're looking to save a few quid, and they're trustworthy, but are perhaps not the best choice if you need your order urgently or are impatient.

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yep I think you're right. Fireworks dealt with my order and it all seemed to be going very well initially, with me receiving notice of dispatch within a day of placing my order. They also handled my late delivery query and initiated the refund process.

My wife has used Flubit on a number of occasions and has nothing bad to say about them, which is why I was happy to give it a shot. It's just unfortunate that my first experience with them was a bad one... you know what they say about first impressions!

11. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Yeah first impressions are extremely important. Did they not offer to send another item when the first was lost? It sounds like in your case it was the courier to blame, but it's a shame they didn't resolve the issue sooner. I've had DPD (by far my favourite) deliver some of my orders from them but they use a variety of couriers. The last order I placed was delivered by Yodel.

12. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yes - they offered me the choice between a replacement and a refund, but I was (and still am) dubious about the replacement considering I paid £20 for an item that has since gone up to £35...and mysteriously vanished in transit. In the end I settled for a refund because I am much happier purchasing directly from a private seller that I have contact with at every stage of the process. It cost me a few quid more, but IMO it's what I wish I'd done at the outset.

On the subject of things lost in transit, I can honestly say that I've never had this problem before, not ever. The courier for my Flubit order was Royal Mail and the parcel will have been a little larger than a DVD case, so not the sort of size one could easily lose. This, coupled with my own experience working in customer service (dealing specifically with delivery-related queries), makes me very cynical about what actually happened. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if my order still turns up in the next few days, but I won't be holding my breath now that I have a refund!

13. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Royal Mail can suck at times. They once delivered an empty jiffy bag to me, someone along the way had opened it and nicked the flash drive it had contained, but they still delivered the empty envelope.