1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

1. Nitecore i2 has never let me down, they also do an i4 if you wish to charge 4 at a time.
    They're simple basic things, and whilst others have current draw and battery temp monitors and LCD displays there's nothing to go wrong on them

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Thanks I will look into that. I'm currently using an Ultrafire, but it's really finicky on the connection and keeps thinking the batteries are charged when they are not. It's also pathetic charging more than one battery at a time, which tends to take a whole day.

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Broke Rafale tank this morning =/

So back to using the ole Trusty Melo 2 tank again with a spare 6 coils for the rafale, would these coils fit the crown tank or would another rafale be required? Anyone know?

I have the Nitecore i4 and never had a problem charging cells though :)

Last edited: 1 Apr 2016
  4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Got this today. Diablo One, very small device despite having a 4ml tank and using 18490 batteries.

[​IMG]

Oh and the chamber is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny.

[​IMG]

Obviously I'm rocking a hot rope+mesh setup. Go get one, Liberty Flights sells these for £30.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Long time lurker for this thread but I feel like posting.

As for someone who smoked for 11years getting into vaping has been a revelation. So onto what my gear history has been.

I originally got onto those horrible carto ciggies which was very meh but then I started to look into proper e-liquid and tanks/mods.

I originally for a Eleaf iStick 20w with a Aspire Nautilus mini. It was great. I used it for over a year and thought it couldn't get any better but I was very wrong :)

Then in a strange twist of fate I realised the UK Ecig store was two stops away for me on the tube so I went down and picked up a Kanger Nebox. Oh and its a lovely device. It's perfect for going out and needing something compact and with plenty of juice capacity(Mine does not leak)

This still kept me wanting more. So currently Im rocking a Uwell Crown tank on a Praxis Decimus Mod with dual 18650's.

This setup is a beast of a vape and i'm mostly vaping UK Ecig store's enhanced VG juice. I simply haven't found any juice I really like apart from the fruit ones(Maybe i'm being simplistic in my thinking)

My current plans are to grab more batteries and pickup a nice RDA(thinking a Wotofo Atty3) I dont really think i'll be messing with unregulated mods and don't really care about temp control. I am however interested in the new jaybo wismec RDTA coming out soon and looks interesting.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Got my Gemini RTA just over a week ago and it's really good but I keep forgetting to close the juice holes, so it leaks like a "Mother F"

Ordered 2 packets of cotton bacon and I have got to say so far, it's a complete waste barely last's 2 hours before needs re wicking but the cotton, I got from Amazon which I have ordered another 400 sheets of for £7, each sheet will last 1 week roughly.

Flavour is awesome on the .3 ohm build that I am using at 45w, the airflow is really good as well.

Got some more juice coming hopefully today, a nice blue slush flavour and a mixed berry flavour and got a coil building kit and 70 pre made coils all for £50.

7. atanum141

Went out on a small shopping spree today. I finally have ordered my first mech mod. I know I said I wouldn't get one but at the price I paid I couldn't resist.

I picked up a Wismec Noisy Cricket with a Indestructible RDA both in stainless steel. It's going to be a real challenge to build on a new deck as I haven't much experience doing builds but it should be fun finally using a dripper.

I do however still want to pick up some more mods and the new Herakles RTA as paying for coils is getting too pricy.

8. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Are you aware the Cricket is a series mod with a hybrid connection? It's a mod you need to be very careful with. Do some research on it and get some decent batteries, if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETLIYye7eBw

9. Andersen

Noisy Cricket has three faults.

First fault hybrid connector safety depends on how long the positive pin on your chosen atomizer is. Too short and boom, be wise.

Second fault is a massive design flaw. Insulator on that connector between batteries will wear down and cause a short. Its only 0,5mm thick or so from factory. 1mm or thicker would be fine but still, wear and tear.

Third: what lock feature? It has none. No lock? Thank you but no.

I did consider buying NC but after reading about it and seeing couple reviews, oh hell no. I'll stick to making my own mods as they are a metric ****ton safer excluding user error.

10. atanum141

1.I am using it with the jaybo indestructible rda. And it's 100% compatible.

2.Yes I do know about this issue, its not so bad on paired batteries but care and constant maintenance is a must on it. Either way if it does wear down too much then i shall buy a new Noisey Cricket as its so cheap.

3.Yes again, no lock feature but you don't need one vaping at home at your desk.

I shall report back. I know having a Mech/hybrid mod ain't easy but it was too good to pass up/experiment.

11. Andersen

I made a thing. This box was on hold for a while thanks to a broken lock switch.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Pretty cool man !

13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I am really liking this Gemini RTA, and the Cotton Bacon now that I am using enough of it and not to little of it.

Generally using around .3ohm to .6ohm coils at between 37.5w for the .6ohm coils and 45w for the .3ohm coils.

Loving the flavour from it as well, to the point I used it abit to much last week and went through alot of juice to the point I had to order another 200ml the other day to ensure I had enough to last till my next order.

15. Andersen

Murata OKL2-T/20-W12N2C and Naos Raptor 120W 20A are your friends. Both can do 0,6-6V and 20A. You'll have to build spot on 0,3 ohm setups to get the most out of those and not burn them out.

DNA200 and SX350 are far easier to wire up though.

16. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Just got a pack of 0.27ohm coils for the Aspire Cleito. Trying to get my head around why they bothered with them when they already do 0.20 and 0.40? They seem much better in regards to spitting, but don't half consume juice. Got six flavours of Mole Juice to try, very good so far and profit goes to good charities.

17. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  18. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

Well, that's my vaping done and dusted.

I haven't bothered with it in over a week, so I've given all of it away, bar 1 atty and mod, to others I know struggling with an Ego type setup. I'm keeping the one as I make juice for a few people, and I still need to test it, make sure the nic is not off or something equally silly. I can take it or leave it now, so it's all good.

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

that's really awesome, congratulations :clap:

20. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

I just happened to run across this thread and I don't personally vape but, a customer of mine wanted some basic aesthetic mods done. I'm really interested in all this as theirs a lot of talented people making some really neat stuff.

[​IMG]

Check out our current scratch build for Cooler Master's Case Mod World Series: http://mod.coolermaster.com/en-us/modder/19?filter=viewed