1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech Racing Wheel Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GTIgeneral, 29 Mar 2016.

1. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

There's a setup tool in assetto corsa that had mine running in a minute.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Ok thanks for the replies.

I am chuckling at seeing Grid AS listed as supported. Every time I try to map the keys it starts scrolling through the options continuously with no way of stopping it.:wallbash:

3. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

with grid select choose preset and pick one of the keyboard options not direct input, then select steer left and turn the wheel but make sure it displays a steering wheel and not an axis like below

[​IMG]

Anyone tried Hot Pursuit? te wheel works but you have to turn it wayyy too much, set the sensitivity to full in the logitech software but doesnt seem to make any difference

Currently having a blast with Dirt rally, it's much easier to play with a wheel compared to a 360 controller, still a hard game tho

4. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

thx will give it a try.:thumb:

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I just got my replacement G29 and it too has been previously opened and resealed. Some of the box by the seal has been shaved off by the blade they cut it with, the tab is ripped and one corner is crushed inwards. I'm not sure if I'm just very unlucky or if it's normal for these to be shipped in this condition. Did anyone else get boxes that had been resealed or were yours only sealed once, as you'd expect to receive a new product?

6. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Are you talking about the brown outer carton or the main Logitech box?

7. jewelie

jewelie Ancient geek, newbie to BT

He means the main Logitech box - as if they were actually customer returns. :(

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

G29 owner here. Bought mine in Dec/Jan for £180. Feeling a bit sore now since I haven't used it yet. Granted I am in another country for a while and my brother has been using for GT4. Looking forward to booting up ProjectCars when I get back.

9. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Yeah the inner, glossy, printed product box. I've had two now that have been opened and resealed, and a third I went to a local store to exchange for yesterday also turned out to be open box.

They sold out when they were on sale and appeared to have been restocked around a week or so later. I suspect that stock was not a new shipment from Logitech but rather customer returns which had been resealed and entered back into inventory to be resold. Everyone I've spoken to has expressed concern and surprise and said that should not happen, but it very clearly has happened. I've spoken to Logitech too and they've said they'd definitely not be sent out from their end in that condition, they do sell "blemished" products but that's entirely separate to the new stuff.

10. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Mine came in a sealed brown outer box with the Logitech name and logo printed on it.

The actual box was sealed up with 2x small round sticky seals. it does sound like you have been getting returned goods. 3 times seems bloody unlucky though, not to mention frustrating.

I guess a call to their customer service is the best bet. I'm pretty sure even though it was a sale price they still have to supply a new item.

11. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

It's an expensive toy but well worth the money when you do use it :thumb:

12. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Yeah mine came in the brown outer box too. The fact it's been every single one makes me think they're all going to be like it until they get a new shipment from Logitech, but even then these are still going to mixed in with the new stock.

I've already been in touch with their call centre several times now, so far they've been friendly but not very competent. I think it's a case of nice people and crap systems. It is frustrating, especially the wasted trip to the store when they told me they had one I could swap for which was new and sealed only to discover it was another that had been opened.

This is what the first one was like. Four of the round stickers you mentioned, two original ones which were broken and two new ones to reseal it.

[​IMG]

The second one had neatly cut old seals and whoever had cut them had shaved some off the box in the process, plus the tab's ripped. The third one they had in the store had been closed with half of the front flap for the lid tucked inside the box where it should be and half out overhanging the front face of the box, again with four stickers, two cut with two new ones on top.

13. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

There is no doubt that they've been opened. Going back to the store manger and asking him for a sealed one to be 'ordered in' might be the easiest way to solve it.

I am pretty sure they did not state on the web deal advert that they would be customer returns. So most likely they will be breaking some trading laws.

The polite approach pointing out their failures and obligations normally gets results.

14. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Anything ordered in will come from the same place the ones they deliver to me have been coming from. The way things stand now is there's a collection scheduled for Tuesday to collect the second G29, then they'll send me a third which based on the processing time for the first replacement will be delivered the following week. The thing is I suspect that there's a possibility all of their current stock is customer returns and even if that's not the case they clearly have several mixed in with their inventory so there's a pretty good chance the third one they send me will be another that's been opened.

I'll talk to Logitech again tomorrow too as although this has nothing to do with them beyond it being one of their products when I contacted them to ask about the possibility of units leaving them in this condition they expressed concern and talked about stepping in to resolve the issue because of the retailer's apparent inability to do so. I don't know if they'll actually do that or not but if they offer to exchange it themselves that'd be great as I trust them to actually send new stock.

If I do stick with Currys, and if the third one is actually new, that will have been five days waiting in for couriers (three deliveries and two collections), a wasted trip to the store and multiple phone calls. When I first called them to ask for a replacement they told me they had no stock and I'd have to check the site and call back when it was back in stock. They wouldn't collect it and just send a replacement when stock came in, they said all they could do until they had more stock was take it back for a refund. That meant the replacement took longer as when stock was replenished I had to contact them to book a collection, wait for it to be collected and wait for it to be delivered and processed before they'd send a replacement. Had they collected it straight away the replacement would have been with me almost a week sooner. They really have been utterly useless and I fully intend to make a formal complaint once I've finally got what I ordered. Their internal systems and procedures are a joke and they clearly can't properly manage their stock. They could have taken this one I have when I took it to the store, then moved it around internally which would surely be cheaper than sending a third party courier to my home to get it, but again they would only take it back there for a refund.

15. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Got my second replacement delivered today and it's another resealed one. You'd think they'd check before sending them out but apparently their ineptitude knows no bounds.

So much for belated birthday trucking :(

16. BigDan

BigDan What's a Dremel?

I recently bought Dirt 3 and have been thinking about picking up a racing wheel, but from the reviews I've read there aren't any that work well with PC. The ones Logitech made are compatible, but not all features work like force feedback.

17. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

force feedback works fine with my G29 on dirt 3.

Just received a birthday present i bought myself (sorry for the quality, took the picture using a potato)

[​IMG]

GT Omega Wheel stand, bought the GT omega chair from gumtree last week for £60, couldn't say no at that price.

Going to pick up a shifter in the next few weeks, still can't decide whether i want to spend the money on a TH8RS or just get the logitech one.

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

My G29, purchased in March, now has a hardware fault. There appears to be quite a few G29's & G920's on the Logitech forums where wires inside get pulled apart when the wheel turns.

Whilst I haven't taken mine apart to confirm, the Logitech forum guys have confirmed mine does indeed have a hardware fault. A warranty case was raised but I am directed to Curry's in the first year anyway. Curry's actually phoned me after I raised it with them online and simply told me to take it back to any Curry's branch with the receipt and it will be replaced (with what I am wondering).

Until the fault the wheel was great, on PC, PS3 & PS4, despite some niggling setup issues in some games (e.g. Grid AS as mentioned previously).

I'll let you know how I go but just a heads up to those with new wheels, check out the Logitech forums to see what I mean - there may be a quality control issue.

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Well colour me flabbergasted...

I took the faulty wheel down to my local Curry's a little while ago and it was replaced with a brand new (and sealed correctly) unit with no questions asked, other than producing the receipt.

They didn't even want to look at the printed email communications I had from Logitech (confirming it was a hardware fault) or the Currys online support people instructing me to take it back. I had gone armed with the paperwork expecting a fight...

I walked out of Currys with the new wheel within 10 minutes of arriving.

Anyway, the replacement unit is registered and I am about to try it out now. I don't hold much hope of this one lasting long given the nightmare developing on the Logitech forums (check this thread: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/NEW-Logitech-G29-PROBLEM/td-p/1425361).

It looks like the wires behind the wheel are not secured enough to avoid being stretched and pulled when the wheel turns. There are even a couple of photos in the thread and some have resorted to using hot glue to keep the wires in place.

Time will tell...