1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cryorig launches Origami Case Depth Checker tool

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 May 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

By the time I'd gone to the trouble of downloading, printing and folding it, I could've measured it with a tape/rule and fitted the HSF.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you already have the heatsink, why not just try fitting it and save yourself the bother of measuring? :p

4. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

BEEF CAKE!

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I love this. Let's reinvent the wheel and call it a "tool".

Because, as we all know, it would be far easier to bust out a printer, make sure it has paper or card in it, print off the template (being sure to check scaling, so that the image prints exactly 1:1), cut it, fold it, and carefully glue or tape it in place.

Yep. :lol:

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

My personal thinking is that if I was using a space limited case for my build, I'd probably go for an AIO these days.

7. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

Is this provided? I'm only guessing here, but I don't think they'll have a 3D printable template for the piece of string ready to download with the template. So, instead of the convenience of busting out my 3D printer alongside my regular printer for the tool itself, I now have the hassle of going to my kitchen drawer and digging around amongst potentially dangerous pizza cutters and ice cream scoops to avail myself of that bedraggled string ball that's been festering in there for the last 5 years.

The only other option is to eschew the offer from Cryorig and get my tape measure. But as this sits in the tool box that's a flight of steps away, it's not going to happen this week. I've got all I need in my little computer room; printer, 3D printer, PC, case - if only they could find a way to get that damn piece of string to me, I'd be ecstatic. Perhaps they could partner with Amazon and get it dropped through my velux by drone.