1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware CableMod LED Strip and PSU Cable Kit Giveaway Powered By Scan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 20 Apr 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Dorset Yid & megurushi - I've reached out via email as your forum accounts are set to not accept PMs ;)

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Congrats to the winners! I expect those users can't PM yet due to lack of posts :)

3. Sparky86

Sparky86 What's a Dremel?

The rules on the competition page say it closes on the 27th of April yet one of the winners was the post just after mine, my post was on the 27th yet this winner's post was on the 28th. What a shame :-\ Never mind hopefully everyone will enjoy their cables and LEDs.

4. mstrmind5

mstrmind5 What's a Dremel?

I didn't notice that, good catch. It is a shame, especially as it took so long for the winners to be deicded. Maybe futur competitions will be run better. Enjoy the cables guys.

5. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

im guessing they forgot about it and just picked the winners in a rush yesturday, badly run competition but congrats to the winners, happy modding :p

6. GeorgeK

I've emailed staff to see what they intend to do from here onwards...

7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

A very poor show, really. Come on, guys. You're better than that!

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

FFS, does it really matter that someone was a day out? Are people really that desperate to win?

Thanks for the chance to win something, bit-tech.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Congratulations to the winners.

I don't think they've ever been quite on the ball when it comes to competitions.
    I'm just happy that they continue to host them.

10. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

No, we aren't desperate to win. It's the matter of principle. Why have an end date and then choose someone after the closure date? There's a reason there's a closure date, and that is because is is CLOSED.

I do appreciate the chance given by Bit-Tech and Scan, but it's not right. So yes, people will get upset and annoyed by it.

11. CableMod

CableMod What's a Dremel?

congrats to the winners!

12. Combatus

Hi all. Completely my mistake accidentally picking someone a day over the deadline. Was simply a case of copy and pasting one too many entries so apologies for that. However, as it was our mistake and we've announced the winners, we've agreed with Cable Mod that they'll ship a fourth kit to megurushi, who was over the deadline, with Zygersaf now picking up the third random slot, who entered on 20th. As it was our fault that happened, we'd rather do that than say someone has won than deny them the prize, even if they were 17 hours over the deadline.

Last edited: 18 May 2016
  13. mstrmind5

mstrmind5 What's a Dremel?

I'm glad to see this happen and you guys to go out of your way to make amends for the un-intended mistake. It was also right not to remove the award from the mistaken entrant, it was never his fault, so four winners was the right move. Congrats to to all four winners now, enjoy the kits.

14. GeorgeK

Definitely a good result all round - well done BT and Cable Mod :D

15. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Why? Given megurushi clearly plays no active part in the forums (which are a major part of this site), why should you have to give him the prize as well, especially since he was over deadline?

No I didn't enter the competition so I'm not a sore loser.

Must be a in a grumpy mood or something :p

16. Combatus

It doesn't really have anything to do with being an active part of the forums - we gave no preference to this when picking the winners and anyone was allowed to enter. It was done entirely at random. It's purely down to the fact that we were the ones that made a mistake in naming him as a winner when he, knowingly or not, entered after the deadline.

It would have been unfair to anybody for us to say they'd won and then to have to backtrack on that. Had Cable Mod not been able to send a fourth prize we may have done it differently, but as four prizes are now being sent out to legitimate bit-tech forum members instead of three, I don't see any negatives with this result at all :)

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

It was a nice gesture from Cable Mod though. :)

18. Dorset Yid

Dorset Yid What's a Dremel?

Any Idea when the prizes will be despatched, I have literally just this last week built a new rig but its very dark inside :)

19. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Received an email informing me that someone at Bit-Tech had passed on details to CableMod.. About a month ago now. Any idea on estimated time-frame to the winners receiving the prizes?

20. Dorset Yid

Dorset Yid What's a Dremel?

Still not received mine and its approaching two months since the winners were informed

Tags: Add Tags