1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Talos Principle 2 on the down-low

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 20 May 2016.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

No vr. No play.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Oooh. The first was so good, but gave me crazy bad motion sickness.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

We get it Stanley, you like VR.

Thankfully, most other people are able to enjoy more than one flavour of ice cream.

5. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

Still working my way through it, but have to say:
    Damn I love this game. A bit wordy, but I kind of like it, marvellous story that did set me thinking.
    I am wondering what the sequel will build further upon. The gameplay and puzzles are good. Though not groundbreaking, you get an strong sense of victory when you solve them (especially the extra star puzzles). However, it wouldn't be nearly the game it is without the story, and I don't know how they will carry it on (only had the blissful ending so far, waiting to do the rest ones I find my decryption notes :).
    But if Croteam can pull the same success (though not just more of the same please), I am so on board.

6. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

Didn't get motionsickness myself, but maybe you can try playing it from third person perspective? Could help.
    There also were option to turn things like headbobbing and the likes off.
    I didn't get motionsickness, but when the game provides a special "antimotionsickness" button in the options, I can gather it might have a slight issue or two with it. :)

7. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

awesome news !

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah it's sadly a common thing with the game, they have an entire page of motion sickness options not just a button! I tried them all, it still made me throw up after 20 minutes :(

It's really annoying because there are now 3 games that have given me motion sickness and people assume I get it all the time. I never get it in vehicles or anything. It's just HL2 on CRTs, The Talos Principle and Dying Light's tutorial!

9. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Awesome, really need to finish the first now... :(

Never got motion sickness from it... but will always get motion sickness from any FPS that has cutscences that move the camera a lot in the FPS view, i.e. Mirrors Edge.

Tags: Add Tags