1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Warhammer: Total War

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 20 May 2016.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Someone over at Reddit has kindly compiled a 'review list'

Eurogamer Recommended
    Gamespot 9/10
    IGN 8.6/10
    PCGamer 86/100
    The Guardian 4/5
    Game Reactor 9/10
    Destructoid 8/10
    Game Informer 8.75/10
    Daily Star 5/5
    Games Radar Mostly Positive
    The Sixth Axis 8/10
    Games Revolution 8.75/10
    Metro 9/10
    CGMagOnline 9/10
    Game Watcher 8.5/10
    PCGamesN 7/10
    Rock Paper Shotgun

Definitely picking it up myself! :thumb:

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

awww - i do want to puick this up but ive just invested in stellaris so im busy playing that at the minute !!!

dammit

3. Parge

I've watch some Lets Plays of that - looks SO in depth!

Cheapest I've found Warhammer TW is G2A - £30.69.

PC games are such a bargain. Brand new game on release day for £30. Brill.

EDIT, Gamesplanet are doing it for £29.99 with code 'DREAMHACK'

Last edited: 20 May 2016
  4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I caved and got it on GmG for ~£30 (20% off code and 4% quidco cashback).

As long as it works and doesn't constantly crash, I'll be happy. Anything with Warhammer in it is worth paying £30 for, :D, damn site cheaper than buying Warhammer figures, :D

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Been watching a bunch of streamers playing it, getting constantly annoyed that they could play it all weekend and we have to wait till today (and some of those streamers with only ~60 viewers).

Really can't wait to play it, so far the streams I've watched they've not had any crashes or glaring bugs (one did at the beginning but cant remember what it was about)

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Well I've had 2 hours so far, no crashes or unwanted surprises. I did think it wasn't going to work on the first launch as it went to a black screen but it was windows firewall interfering.

Decided to start as Karl Franz, doing ok so far, there's alot to get to grips with in the strategic side. Battle side it's basically classic TW (so far atleast).

Battles seem harder than Empire TW, where you can just get a ton of line infantry and massacre everything, which is nice.

7. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

My general:
    [​IMG]

loving this so far.

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Definitely getting this. Looks great and I love the total war series.

9. Parge

Had a crack playing a campaign with the Vampire Counts - had barely made it out of my starting location after 20 turns!

I find it really hard to deal with not having an missile units!

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I ended up getting Karl Franz killed, damn orks, decided to try dwarves.

Nearly wet myself when I heard the voices, :D.

Was waiting for "Trouble at mill, one 't crossbeams gone out skew on treddle". :D

Enemy armies always seem to be much larger than mine, :D, which after Empire I'm finding really quite tricky to deal with. Used to be able to deal with forces double the size of mine, now I get stomped within a minute if I try that in TW:W, :D

11. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

I'm definitely trying some of these, tired of listening to my favorite music and looks like it's time to have some fun time playing.

12. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

I've managed to get about 100-110 turns in as Empire and Chaos has just come from the north and started killing everyone all the AI in that area doesn't seem to kill any of them. Not sure how they appeared with 4-5 full armies, plus I now have the vampires coming up from the south east.

Been very impressed with it so far but I'm not liking the assassins the AI seem to make loads of them and they are so overpowered and impossible to get.

I think that I will have to start again and try and be more friendly with the other Empire fractions so we can group together to kill Chaos

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Tell me about it, playing as Dwarfs, about 25 turns in, I can only have two "heroes", one of which is my runesmith in my main army (who I think it now dead for a few turns), and the other is a thane who I use for assasinations. Only got about 35% chance on my thane and he's been killed twice now by ork assasins.

Just unlocked longbeards and miners with charges, the miners are awesome, chuck a big wave of exploding shrapnel out infront of them and decimate units, then they can also deal a ton of damage in melee.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Chaos seems overpowered. And like most games of this type seems to cheat above normal difficulty.

15. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Not liking the enemy ai armies led by level 12+ generals rocking up in turn 30 when I enter a war on the side of an allied empire. To say I got trounced would be putting it mildly. Still alot of fun though, especially fighting as the underdog, making every last troop count.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Started a new Campaign as Dwarves after reading the PC Gamers dwarf guide (just tips on what to do), seem to be doing a lot better now. Got more money coming in (ty Mount Gundbad) and haven't lost Thorgrim yet, :D.

The AI Dwarves seem to be useless, they don't seem to be able to fight anything, already seen two factions get wiped out by orks.

17. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

18. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Finished the short campaign requirements as Vampire Counts, great fun! Will complete the long campaign later, but for now I'm moving to Chaos.

From my experience with the magic (based on Mannfred with large unit sizes) I'd say not to go beyond the first 4 spells in Lore of Death or Vampires. Mannfred is much better off being a melee beast with a heal and a couple of buff/debuff spells.

I focused one regular vampire lord in such a manner, and in combat with most troops he barely gets scratched. Might also help he's got a 28% ward save (two items) along with almost all the combat skills!

19. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

What's the cheapest anyone has seen this at? It seems to be taking it's time to drop to my sort of levels!

20. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Look for it on CD key type websites. Generally a lot cheaper, if you don't want to use them though you will have a long wait as it's doing amazingly well with every expansion (the pre-order for a small expansion is a top seller already).

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk