1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Harlequin, 28 Oct 2015.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

flasheart#21119

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Are people still playing this?, I was thinking of getting the standard version for £29.99.

3. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I play it everyday pretty much, it's good fun most of the time.

Takes less than 1min to get a quick play match, so alot of people still playing it.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks, I bought this last night and had a blast, so much to learn from all the classes but a very good game. glad i bought the standard version and not the Origins version though

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

6. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Bit late to chime in, but it's kept me interested for months now. It's my go to game for when I want to play something which requires focus.

7. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

kill log?

9. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Top right, show who gets the killing blow on who.

10. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

How is everyone finding competitive?
    I got placed at rank 50 (now slipped to 49) and my games are very hit or miss to the point it feels like quick play except even less people using the mic.

11. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I got placed at 46, already down to 43.

The system is same as every other random pug ranked game... Basically **** if you play alone.

On that note, need people to queue with!

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've been playing this quite a bit... and I have to say, I think its speed puts it beyond me. I just can't seem to keep up!

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

harsh if you lose ranked - lose 1 whole level! yet when you win you only get xxx% towards the next level

14. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

The time you play seems to effect things.
    I got placed at 50, knocked down to low 49 and my games just seemed like 4 out of 6 people treated it like quick play. I even came across someone who wouldn't swap off widowmaker because they wanted to get good with here and someone playing as bastion on attack because they thought it was a payload map.

I played a fair bit on Friday evening and went up about 4 ranks (to 53) for the most part my team seemed much more coordinated. (coincidentally I also plugged my mic back in which I'd forgotten I'd taken out - surely that doesn't effect match making).

It can get a bit hectic, you may wanna try:

Tanks
    • Winston
    • Reinheart
    • DVA (maybe)

Support
    • Symartra
    • Lucio

They don't need the twitch aiming/turning of some others.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Thanks for the tips!

I've also had success using 'Pharah' and 'Reaper'.

Which of your suggestions do you think is easiest to learn?

16. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Pharah is a good one, especially when you manage to start predicting where people are going to move too. I've never really got on with Reaper.

You're never going to be in a team which couldn't use a reinheart or lucio where as your mileage will vary on the others.

Winston/ DVA : good at disrupting the enemies back line, unfortunately everyone loves to play genji and tracer which have a similar job (Winston counters genji and tracer too if you're getting bothered too much by them)

Symartra : Basically a defence hero with her turrets and teleport, best used on point A of control maps (at least I always swap off her afterwards). It's very annoying when you lose point A before you've got your ult (teleporter) though.

While lucio is more aim based than mercy you don't need to be as aware of your surroundings since your heal is AoE and you are more self reliant. Also you can put out enough damage while healing to poke at the snipers etc your team haven't spotted yet. His gun is also a good for spray and prey / suppressing fire since it has large slow(ish) projectiles.

17. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

I played a week on quick match using Phara on attack and Torbjorn on defence. Phara isn't much fun if the other team has lots of bullets (e.g. S76 or bastion) so choose any other attack hero in this case.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Nah, Pharah is pretty good against Bastion, so long as you don't get caught off guard. I'd even go as far as to say she's the best bastion counter (Genji does as well but there's less he can do to guarantee taking bastion out).

Personally, I'm currently trying to get to grips with a few more heroes. My most played is Widowmaker, who I'd only bother to play in comp as a countersniper (or I should, sometimes I switch to her because I don't have any other better options). My next highest played are Mercy (good, but she needs a good team around her, plus I don't get the rez's I should), Lucio (fine), and D.Va (who's underpowered), and Zarya (don't get as many elimns as I should).

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You can play her now on the ptr.