1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

**** you and your opinion. Several of my customers have to start shipping their work to the European continent now, people will lose their jobs, and they're going to struggle.

That means I, and my German girlfriend, now have to work twice as hard for the foreseeable future because people are massive clowns. I think I need to have my access to this thread revoked before I start verbally abusing you and people like you.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Maybe it's time to move to Germany ? It's not like you would have hard time getting citizenship once you marry her :D

3. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

52% and dummies flying lol. Maybe he should move to Germany if he can't handle the fact that 52% of the voters, like me are glad to see the back of the EU.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ha, if I spoke a lick of German!

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

A poll suggested two-thirds thought that there would be no negative impact on their finances, so you tell me.

I would be curious to know how you think Britain can prosper outside of the EU. Because I can assure you that both the pro-leave parts of government and business have already been thinking about that, and I have a pretty good idea of what answers they have come up with. And I'm pretty OK with those answers, but I suspect that you very much won't be.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I think it will be quite easy to come and live in Ireland even after a full withdrawl. Given the shared boarder with northern Ireland and the trade between the UK and Ireland we'll probably end up with similar agreements to what exists now for citizens of both countries.

7. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

The only positive in this is we'll get to see the reaction when you, and all the others who voted out, realize that the pipe dream fantasy you seem to think will be the end result of this doesn't happen. It would be funnier if it wasn't for the economic uncertainty we're all going to face.

8. StingLikeABee

Again, sour grapes. Loving it.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You'll see. :)

Anyway, this EU immigrant now has to go to the NHS hospital where he works and see his cancer patients, so I'll bow out here.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The dood had nothing to do with age, i used that term to indicate my anger at your lack of compassion for the impact this is going to have on peoples lives, on the future of the United Kingdom.

Like i said 52% of people maybe having that feel good factor this morning but pay some thought for the negative effect this result is going to have on real peoples lives, on the ability of people to feed themselves, to pay their bills, to keep a roof over their head.

11. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

If that's how you want to view it then fine, but the point still stands that people have voted to leave on the back of fantasy claims about what will happen when we leave. For example, the leave campaign made a lot of how leaving would mean we could spend an additional £350m each week on the NHS. Nigel Farage has now said this morning that this was a mistake and it's not something that could be guaranteed. I suspect that is just the start of the unravelling of many of the claims made by the leave campaign and that what we get at the end of this will not be what you, or many other leave voters, think/hope it will be.

12. StingLikeABee

Corky, get off your bloody soapbox man. I have kids, one of which left school yesterday to enter working life. I have a wife who works hard, I work hard and we are earning well below the national average wage. The outcome will affect us too, of that I'm sure, but for me the bigger risk was remaining, I am happy with the result and I don't believe anywhere near half the doom and gloom we've been peddled.

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

why was this vote called,

edit; if we are going to leave then we really need to do it with full protection for ourselves, you cant do it any other way. If we are going to leave then our national interests like it or not even for the stay in camp which I guess I am one although I did not vote.

We need to really do this properly this is hugely important to finance aspects.

this is really going to change the landscape of things,

14. StingLikeABee

It was promised in the Tory manifesto in the general elections due to the rise in popularity of UKIP and anti EU sentiment within the UK.

15. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Cameron's gone

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

My reaction to the result this morning was like the beginning of four weddings. F, f, f......

Thankfully the referendum isn't legally binding and those in power can pretty much ignore it (and by ignore it I mean call their own vote which would override the public vote). Ftse already dropping like a lead turd.

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

How about you have a little more respect, I'm not on a soapbox, I'm asking you to show some compassion for the people who are going to be negatively effected by this choice, what you're doing is equivalent of celebrating the death of someone, you're dancing over the corpse.

You can keep believing that all the doom and gloom was overplayed but you only have to look at the markets reaction to see it's not, do you even have any idea what the real life effects of the 9% drop in exchange rates are?

18. StingLikeABee

Do you really think the government would have the balls to ignore the outcome of the referendum? In some ways I'd love to see that to witness the reaction to that, or maybe not really. That just isn't going to happen anyway.

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And with Camerons announcement uncertainty just hit critical damage.

(under different circumstances I'd throw a party for his departure)

Absolutely can't see that happening.

20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Brexit

I'm genuinely shocked that it's gone this way.
    Love or loathe him, the PM resigning will do no good for the UK's stability.
    The £ has slumped, taken the FTSE with it, as far as I can see it's wall to wall uncertainty from here on in.
    To use a favourite quote from Aliens: "We're on an Express Elevator to Hell!"