1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K7S5A Pro Problem with OS Bootup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MaSHim0t0, 10 Sep 2003.

1. MaSHim0t0

MaSHim0t0 What's a Dremel?

Hi I have a problem.

I am running 1800+ AMD on the board, I only have the graphics gard, and Hard Drive hooked up. It all works, bios and everything, then goes to the Windows XP Pro Black Screen with the logo and moving line on the bottom for a second and the whole thing reboots and shows my graphics card info and repeats.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong? I swapped HD and same thing happen, which both HD is working on my other system.

Thanks

2. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Has it run fine before with all the same hardware, or have you recently built it? Have yu tried reseating the HSF? Can you test the GFX and RAM in the other machine? Have you tried reinstalling windows? Can you give us more detail.

3. MaSHim0t0

MaSHim0t0 What's a Dremel?

1. New Motherboard, Old CPU.
    2. Graphics Card, HD, Ram, Powersupply all tested on another MB and worked fine.

4. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Hmmm minimalistic replys :eyebrow:

reseated heatsink?
    bios temps?
    Reinstalled windows?

<constructive critisism>Dont be conservative with your details. It doesnt help.</constructive critisism>

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

What make is your PSU?

I installed a new motherboard with the same CPU at one point, and my computer refused to post, old motherboard worked fine with the same components...