1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Just got ambushed in Kereah, someone in a bloody aurora tried to kill my Connie lol

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This week's schedule:-

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Really looking forward for ATV100: Frankfurt edition - I doubt there will be any PG stuff but its always cool to see what those guys are up to.

So, we saw a few new ships on the board in Part 1. What do we all think about the Terrapin, since that is the ship we seem to know the least about right now.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Had the shipping email for my starmap poster about an hour ago! :D

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Holy. Mother.

[​IMG]

6. Parge

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

As of 7pm today, "Multi Factor Authentication" became a thing on Star Citizen. :clap::clap::clap:

Go to the new "SECURITY" tab on your RSI account page to set up MFA via email or phone app.

Compatible apps are:-

Apple
    Android
    Winphone

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My connie is armed with STRIKEFORCE STRIKE FAF CS MISSILEs however when driving it only shows the original 3 weapons any ideas?

9. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Got an email today to say that the map I ordered back in March is shipping from China! I had totally forgotten about it so thats a nice surprise!

"Game universe map - Glossy Full Color Poster - General"

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I was in Olisar the other night for quite a while when someone piped up in chat: "how do you activate a hotas?". I obligatorily replied "alt + f4". I then realised that the person who made the query was none other than Scorpuk! We then proceeded to swap my hijacked starfarer for his connie and took turns taking pot shots at each other...

I've already bought heavy armour and completed most of the missions several times over in 2.4. I've also had to lower my crimestat rating on more than one occasion...

Roll on 2.5, great fun.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

AtV #100.3 (Focussing on Austin studio):-

CENTENNIAL: PART III.
    ATV turns 100! This week eminates from the Austin tour as we check in with Tony Z and crew to see what’s going on this month. Also: the world-premiere of the Ballad of Big Bennys.

00:48 – Intro
    10:11 – Studio Report
    28:38 – WWoSC: The Ballad of Big Bennys
    34:08 – MVP with Tyler Witkin

EDIT: For those still wavering, there will be a Free Fly week beginning tomorrow

Last edited: 14 Jul 2016
  12. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

13. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

I think they have gone mad...

14. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

The guy who got a refund believed it was a scam looking at the bottom of his imgur post. Why would someone employ over 300 people and that cast for SQ42 if they intended to defraud millions of dollars for personal profit.

I bet Derek *mart is all over this.

15. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

More than likely....

16. Parge

The fact that he posted on something awful tells you everything you need to know.

17. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

It's a scam to intentionally defraud, yes...but it's also a scam to oversell your competency to deliver, or even just over-promise (See: Brexit)

The fact they changed their original T&Cs after failing to live up to the expectations they placed upon themselves, then denying they were binding when pressed to honour the contract seems pretty scam-y to me....and if any funders tell you otherwise it's choice-supportive bias.

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sorry, I'm with Parge on this. The guy comes across as one of Derpy Snort's whiney little acolytes.

19. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

It doesn't matter who he is...it's the issue he raised that matters - That a private company stated, in their own contract, that they'd deliver the goods within an 18 month margin of error. Having failed to meet their own deadline they then attempted to refuse refunds by amending the T&Cs by pretending the paragraph stating their liability in the previous iteration didn't exist.

There are no sides to take here. One party was in breach of contract, one wasn't - Which is exactly why they paid up rather than allow it to progress to court and have their legal position widely clarified in the press.

20. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

We have been through this before on this thread, more than once. Although I understand why some people have asked for refunds, when I pledged I knew I was not signing up to a finished product or a product that was in existence at that time. Developing anything new from the ground up was always likely to be a non-linear process that would have complications, at least I remember thinking that when I clicked "pay now".

I see the work that has been produced thus far and I am repeatedly impressed. I've spent many hours playing the various builds and game types and I hope it continues, particularly considering some of the stuff due for release.

If RSI are truly in breach of contract then it could be like a house of cards, although I am not certain that is the case.