1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Exactly, I just want to sort of brush that 3-4 months to one side be like 'Meh such is life' and go do all this crazy **** that makes me feel great, I just seem to get that drive for about 20 minutes a day and the rest is spend sulking like a little bitch. Hopefully as things change i'll be too busy to even think about it and i'll just truck on into a better mood.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2016
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

An hour and a half.
    90 minutes.
    5,400 seconds of my life, wasted on looking for my rivets.

I finally gave up and went down town to the local hardware store to get some.

Got back home, picked up my rivet gun and discovered the little bag of assorted rivets I had tucked into the handle. :wallbash:

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Pc seems to be hard crashing for some reason :( also thought i'd clean up a bit of metal work on my bike..

for some reason the metal was cracking around the heat guard so i thought, sand down, put some body filler in and perhaps repaint...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice what's missing and i can't find? FML

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Cracking is likely to be the plating lifting.
    Body filler will burn and crack if used there.
    Either live with it, replace it or get it stripped and replated

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Sick of being lonely.

Sick of spending all my time alone. Right now my life consists of work, working on my new place, and laying on my bed with my laptop. The handful of people who's company I actually enjoy are all too busy with their own lives to spend time with me.

It's especially frustrating because there is nothing I can do about it. No matter what I do for them, they're still too busy. No matter how hard I work or how good of a job I do or how many customers I help, work has nothing but money and the rare bit of appreciation to offer. There is this huge disconnect between what I need and what I can do and I have no idea how to bridge it.

I am so not OK and it's getting to the point where I'm having trouble acting like I am.

6. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I know this is going to sound captain obvious here, but have you considered trying something new, socially, and making friends there?

There are always people who are looking for friends. I don't personally have that many friends, but I try to make new ones whenever I can.

You don't need to suffer alone.

Tell me something - What have you tried lately to alleviate your loneliness, which doesn't involve use of the internet?

Are there gyms, pools, bowling alleys, Parks, beaches, any social areas near you?

Best place to meet people, is where to find them.

We don't bite........well, some of us do in certain circumstances ;)

7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Like Scroome said, what have you tried lately?

Unfortunately no one is going to sort this for you except yourself and I doubt it'll be easy, your current lifestyle needs to change, just a bit to start with.

Depending on your interests maybe its a good time to renew an old hobby that adult hood and the internet caused to stop.

Book club
    Warhammer / D&D club
    LAN party
    Gym
    Volunteer work

These are the things I would do to get out

Chin up buddy :thumb:

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Google Maps has just had a facelift, and they've "cleaned up" the graphics. Unfortunately, this cleaning up means that Maps no longer shows cycle paths unless you're zoomed in to a ridiculous degree. I know that I could click the wee bicycle icon to overlay cycle paths but I can't do that and show traffic at the same time, plus the cycle overlay actually obscures more than it shows.

Cleaning up =/= removing useful information, Google! Damn your eyes.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Currently waiting to hear back from a job I interviewed for last week. I should have been hearing about it today but the wait is killing me.

10. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Good luck buddy :thumb:

11. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Excellent suggestions.

And I don't want to hear the "I'm too busy to, excuse". Everyone can make some time for things they like. Even heads of State go on holiday or use a gym :)

12. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Update: Roommate almost stole my meat that I mixed up with some good stuff.. I told him that he has to ask first.. that's common courtesy, right? Then he just freaked out on me saying that he's hungry.. I DGAF (I don't give a frig). ASK BEFORE YOU TAKE! :wallbash: Then he just stormed in his room and slammed the door.. Immature right??

I'm done. I'm going to contact my new landlord to let him know that I will be moving in a couple days. I already spoke to the current one and they said that they are already aware of the situation. They have had some of their stuff stolen as well and gave me their good luck and such.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Power tool dust extractor attachments.

Have just put together a dust collector/extractor, and have checked my power tools (perhaps a dozen with dust extractor fittings) with calipers for making some adaptors, and guess how many of them are consistent and "normal" sizes? Full rage in 3.. 2... 1...

14. DeadP1xels

I want to go to the pub but i know if i do i'm 99% sure i'll do something dumb and text my ex...

If i stay here i'll stare at these beige walls trying to occupy myself until i'm tired enough for bed get bored and eventually text my ex... Not to mention next door is spending the entire time banging around like a samba band. Sounds like he's on a treadmill or something

If i go for a walk i'll be trapped with just my thoughts and probably... you get the picture. I've spent too much time by myself today and its left me just thinking...

Its not a 'TAKE ME BACK WENCH!' situation.. the ship has sailed and I'm trying to move on with it. I just feel i need some stuff cleared up and I'm bouncing between the knowing its a terrible idea and the willing to take the risk to start feeling better

Why can i not be a normal person for once!

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

How about you just move on and delete her number? :idea:

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Easier said than done. I've been with my OH for nearly 9 years now; I have no idea wtf I'd do if we split up, it wouldn't be that easy for me to just "move on".

17. DeadP1xels

Yeah not that easy, ah well! went to the pub and didn't text her... Spent time thinking about other stuff when i could. This to shall pass, just need a mate to talk to over a pint and I'm away from home... bugger

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Whilst the moving on may be more difficult deleting her number is easy.

19. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I'm going to go in queen mode here.

Gurl, you are a hot mess of drama......

Seriously though, it's cool. we've all been there with the "I'm going to text them" routine. It happens. Some people need closure.

It's all going to be cool. One thing I've learned these last few years is that it pretty much always works out.

I'll give you this. When you haven't been in these unfortunate situations and life has been kinder to you, your level of optimism has always been admirable. On that basis, I know you're going to be fine sooner rather than later.

20. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Getting fed up about being unable to mod.

I've been a member of this site for around 11 years, and I've been modding for most of that time. I've made it through my OT and my PT, learned to write again, still can't walk but that's not really changed, though I am still technically addicted to painkillers until I have my surgery. I'll get out of the hospital/inpatient therapy sometime in September if all goes well (will keep you all posted) but all of this is really screwing with me. I have so many parts, just waiting on a single item to start building on either of two systems. I can't do it even if I had it because I sleep up to 12 hours a day and sometimes have to be repositioned in my chair.

I remember the days when I broke OC records and pushed the edge of what modding was supposed to be. Now I'm surrounded by parts that are SO close to a system, unable to afford the last component, and having to wait until months from now to be able to do anything about it. And my already dated hardware just gets older. It's modding hell.

I know, bitch, bitch. But modding is in my blood (I'm a fourth generation hot rodder) and I'm just not ready to give it up.