1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Pc still giving me problems UPDATE...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by numanoid, 31 Jul 2016.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Hi guys. My pc is still playing up, press the start button and the pc starts then immediately shuts down after 3 seconds and does it in a continuous loop...ive tried the memory in different slots...same thing happens....it doesnt boot up enough to get a code, running 850w antec psu..4790 cpu..16gb crucial tracer memory....ive recorded a video on my phone but cant upload it to bit tech, thank you guys

Last edited: 26 Aug 2016
  2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Have you tried a different PSU? Or perhaps that PSU in another rig?

3. numanoid

numanoid Modder

I havent got another psu or another rig to try it in ill see if my son will loan me his one, thanks matey

4. NeiltheDruid

NeiltheDruid Minimodder

Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Depending on your motherboard, there should be a button or a jumper normally consisting of two or three pins. Your motherboards manual will show you were to find it and how to use it.

You might want to have a good look at the pins in the motherboards CPU socket too, if you find any bent pins, that can spell trouble.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Is this a newly built PC, or one that's recently been worked on?

I've seen this caused by incorrectly positioned motherboard stand-offs causing a short so make sure there's nothing under the motherboard that shouldn't be there.

Also check the motherboard power connectors on the PSU for loose pins. With the PC switched off (duh) and the connectors removed, gently press each pin in the PSU connectors with a narrow screwdriver. If any are loose and push out of the top of the connector then that's likely to be the cause.

6. danielleil

danielleil Can't stop spending...

I'm with Yadda on this one, same problem caused by a short. All you can really do is take it apart and put it back together checking all connections, stand offs etc along the way.

7. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thanks guys
    the computer has been working fine for the last 12 months, RMA'D the motherboard last week and got returned to me this morning with no issues, they even posted a you tube video of the motherboard working fine, could it be a cpu fault or a psu fault....I can't test now as my son has sold his computer and means buying a psu to then find out its a cpu fault or vice versa, thank you guys for all the help

Last edited: 26 Aug 2016