1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Crouch End is just a cool neighbourhood. I spent six years living there - it's just really nice. Right by Alexandra Palace etc - I just really rate it :)

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Here it is, along with a fan grill I test-sprayed with some gold lacquer to see what happened (cheers for the offer, much appreciated).

[​IMG]

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Cool, my grandmother lived in Hornsey during the war and worked in Dakins grocers in Crouch End. Small world. :)

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Some old woman (70s..?) has spent the last 30 minutes staring at me with a definite frown, I figured it was my ripped jeans and tattooed thigh, knee, shin badass wolf thing...

Didn't bother me remotely I just noticed it

She just came over and said she thought it looked incredible and if I had anything on my left yet.. Totally misjudged

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Move to Canada, the US is as bad or worse.

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, I've got to agree with the others. UK -> US makes zero sense. Canada, elsewhere in the EU, even places like HK, Singapore, or the (godforsaken) Middle East make more sense than moving to the USA post-Brexit.

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I'm not moving there solely for political reasons. That was a mistake on my part.

I'm actually moving, because my father in law is going to need full time medical care, which my husband has taken the family responsibility for.

It's a case of move to be with him, or stay, and I'd rather be with my husband.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ah mine is definitely more yellow than that.

I had a fantastic day modding yesterday. 8am until 6pm solid, I had to be dragged away from my desk kicking and screaming haha.

Oh and the Raijintek Metis is making my life awesome. I can't believe that there are so many parts on a case costing just £40. It's almost a shame they send it to you assembled, as it would be a nice experience to build it from scratch when it arrives. Would have saved me some time taking it all apart too lol.

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Interested to hear you're that impressed with the case! Where did you go for yours?

The build looks pretty amazing too, watching with interest - it's what I expected but better

That 12v power CABLE :rock: Surel no PC has ever had a 12 supply line like that...

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I got it from OCUK with free shipping for £42. The only niggle I have is that it looks tremendously easy to scratch. So much so that I have taken off all of the red panels and hidden them under cabinets ETC so they are out of the way.

When it comes time to cut the hole in the front for the unit I think I am going to mask up what's not being cut, then go over the masking tape with a couple of layers of duct tape to protect it.

I just need to remember to remove my wedding and engagement rings before I start doing anything with it :)

IIRC the window one is about £45 but a window would have looked hideous with what I am doing with it.

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You're excused in that case, but did suspect that motivations were more complicated than that. Hope all is well. I'm an only child with parents in the US, so your plight is something that certainly plays on my mind from time to time.

Moving at this point solely for because of Brexit is kind of moronic anyway if you ask me, but I wasn't going to go that far just in case ;)

12. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I wouldn't have minded if it was bit yellow, just not Fisher Price yellow. It's supposed to look more BA Barracus than Billy Smart's Circus if you know what I mean.

Nice looking case, that. Should be fun. :thumb:

13. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Kimchi - literally food of the Gods

14. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Have you tried Kimchi frittata?

Food crack.

15. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

[​IMG]

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

After a beautiful yet sweltering afternoon, evening meal booked at a nice local seafront restaurant. Can't wait. :rock:

17. MadDogg

MadDogg Sofa King Awesome

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

...and now back home and off to the local for the weekly pub quiz. *Belch* I could quite easily stay at home but sloping-off isn't tolerated by the team, and quite rightly so. :D

* may have already had several pints of fine ale - face*

Last edited: 23 Aug 2016
  19. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Finally back online after BT took 31 days to bother to connect us/ativate the line...

Only problem is we are on ADSL now and the speed is pants - 2.5mbps, and all the local fibre lines are taken - they are utting in more.... eventually but there is no eta.

On plus side - new house is better than I ever imagined - we haven't had a weekend without friends/family staying over since we moved in, this weekend will be no different :rock:

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Diazepam, Naproxen, and co-codamol... All together, all at once...