1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Success with Dating Apps or Sites?

Discussion in 'General' started by brose005, 23 Aug 2016.

1. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

I had a lot of success with tinder and okcupid as well as 2 dates from plenty of fish. Unfortunately all those sites are meat markers, with men having to make the first move. It's odd, both me and gf are on tinder currently (though we met at work) and she gets way more attention than I do. Boys always seem to have to make the first move.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I've had 85 'meet me' on POF in about a week of having the app.. I'm quite shocked.

Its pretty decent as a confidence booster at the very least, I know people who have had lots of success with these dating apps. I'm not sure its for me Its definitely useful for the experience of talking to woman and keeping conversation going I no longer feel i have any issues but its nice to learn more... i just enjoy the natural process of meeting someone in a bar or through a common friend.

3. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I am constantly amazed at how shallow some single females on dating sites are. If you are not 6" you pretty much have no hope because "I like to wear heels".

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Me thinks you mean 6' not 6"... or you might be on about a part of the male body rather than the whole :hehe:

ElThomsono likes this.
  5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Amazed? Really? When pretty much the entire premise of the sites is "pick someone you want to bang based on a photo"?

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

When I lived in Ohio and was using a dating site on there I constantly laughed at the mingers on there with their demands. Seriously, these women had back ends the size of a bus and a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp but wanted a man to come in, give them a better life and take on their five kids.

It was downright hilarious tbh.

Dating sites are not for me. I don't do one night stands and never have (I have Anne for that, left Anne and right Anne) and most of the people on them are players just looking for sex. I just concluded that any one nice, kind and wanting to be in a long term relationship wouldn't have too much trouble finding some one off line as it were.

Ficky Pucker likes this.
  7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My favourite is

Hobbys:
    Tattoos
    Piercings

8. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Vegan ?

Sorry I shouldn't make a stereotype. However I do tend to find that women who are that way inclined. Makes the mind boggle that they will endure suffering themselves which in my book makes them no different to anyone who eats meat.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2016
  9. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

I met the Love of my life in a AOL chat room back when they had them! Perfect match!! Most recently some luck on tinder.

10. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Ha Ha I agree with all!!

11. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

:sigh:I have found there is a lot to be said for getting to know someone from the inside out.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2017
  12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Met my wife on POF and we celebrated our first wedding anniversary on Sunday (after 4 years of being together).

There is a lot of weirdos, psychos and borderline sex pests on places like POF, but they are pretty easy to filter out. If you have a normal, articulate, accurate profile you tend to get responses from normal, articulate and genuine people. I mean, most of them won't fit what you're looking for, but it's good practice to converse when you do strike it lucky and find one that does tick all the boxes.

13. Behemoth

You have clearly been luckier than I.

Apart from the one that I met up with last October from POF who went from daily contact even after the first meeting to saying yes she wanted to see me again to never heard from her again. A pity really as she was very articulate, very engaging and was nice and easy on the eye. Meh, her loss.

Not had any bites since then, just the odd spam from the meet me feature fake profile.

Have had some messages from some girls who I wouldn't look twice at in person let alone on a dating site, its the text speak first messages I hate, I can't get over how little intelligence some people seem to have.

14. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Met my girlfriend on eHarmony and we've been together over 5 years now, going on 6...

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Met my GF on tinder.... 8 months so far....

16. Behemoth

I always thought that Tinder was just to help find a random hookup as opposed to a lasting relationship. Fair play to you then mate :)

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

What does wearing heels have to do with packing 6"?

Or did you mean being 6' tall?

That's an important difference on a dating site. :naughty:

18. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Haha.....yes I guess it is....buy either way it is not the size of the boat it is th motion of the ocean

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I doubt I'd want to be in the middle of an ocean with a 6" boat, or even a 6' one!

20. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Ha Ha fair enough!!!