1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 1 [5]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 5 May 2016.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

BF3 for me - the longer TTK makes all the difference.

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

BF3 is far from perfect but every time I go to play BF4 it just feels such a step backwards in gameplay/mechanics.

BF3 is rage inducing at times but BF4 just feels so disconnected.

And these BF1 prices are eye watering.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Not paying that. How have we gone from £25 for a boxed retail DVD game to £60+?

I thought PC games were supposed to be cheaper as there are no licensing fees. Instead we're getting fookin rinsed !

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well generally we aren't - most games are available at £30 from new, and depreciate very quickly indeed. Its just that some AAA franchises think they are worth an extra tenner + DLC.

On DLC - I actually don't mind paying a tenner here or there for loads of extra content, but £40 up front or get 'punished' by paying even more per pack is too rich for my blood.

I don't see why people complain about though - just vote with your wallets and don't buy in, instead of mouthing off about it. One of the of those things hits the bottom line, and the other doesn't.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Every game I have wanted over the past couple of years has been £50+ at launch.

They're £30 or thereabouts on a Polish key site.

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I've put in over a 1000 hours in to BF4, I paid £54.99 for the Digital Deluxe version, then used a VPN to get Premium from the Mexican origin store for less than a tenner.

Even if I had paid full price for it, it would still work out at only 10 pence an hour.

Incidentally, I've only plalyed 400 hours of BF3 but nearly 1000 on BF2!

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Anyone else got the early access to the Beta? I received my key this morning. I might see what this game is like as at the moment I don't think much of it from what I have seen

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Yep I got mine, cant see me finding the time to play it though :sigh:

9. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I'm trying the beta too. Reminds me a lot of CoD 2, not a bad thing though. I'd like to test more maps, there's only one in conquest mostly open field with a little town there and a railway. It has some elements from Battlefront like the juggernauts (in this case an armored train).

I'll try to burn it down to decide if I preorder or not.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I am looking forward to trying this but need to get my cpu temps under control on the 6850k and move one of my GPU's thanks to MSI, having a stupid layout for the SLI placement for the GPU's if you want to run x16,x16 so going to have to run them at x8,x8.

11. B1GBUD

Got my key this morning too! hopefully framerates should be slick on a 980ti

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Frame rate was excellent on my 980ti and the game play was pretty smooth and very acceptable for a Beta. Not sure I will be buying this though, it reminds me of Battlefront in some strange way.

13. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Steady 45fps in high (3440x1440) with a GTX780

14. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

If anyone has a beta key they aren't going to use, I'd be happy to take it off their hands

15. B1GBUD

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/community/insider

Not sure if it helps, sign up or login if you already have an EA/BF account.

EDIT: Note: Sign-ups for early access to the Battlefield 1 Beta are now closed.

Sorry.... maybe have a look on EA/Dice twitter accounts, they or their affiliates have given beta keys out before.

16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'm actually not enjoying it at all, which makes me really sad :( I was never going to buy it at launch anyway, I just don't have the budget for it. But I thought I'd get it after a while. Now... probably not. I had more fun with Hardline's beta :(

I am just so sick of sand already.

17. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I definitely prefer it to BF4, in fact i've not enjoyed battlefield as much since BC2 tbh. Could just be the initial shine I guess but so far it feels more fun than 3 or 4

18. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Kinguin were advertising beta keys for about £4 just now.

Just had about an hours play and really enjoyed it. There were some issues with rubber banding but I had that initially with other editions and it settled down eventually. I could also see some grid like patterns in the sand at times which was strange. Overall though it felt like 1942 in that it was fun and the weapons didn't feel overpowered and you weren't constantly being smashed by aircraft. Seemed like a large number of automatic weapons around for WW1 but what do I know!?! Gave my 1440p monitor and R9 390 a good work out too - it looks brilliant! There was no way I woudl buy one of these on release normally but it has whet my appetite!

19. Ream

Ream What's a Dremel?

Runs smooth (60FPS+) on ultra with a stock 6600k and a gtx 970.

Its a snipers paradise when playing rush and total tank whores when playing conquest. I hate the elite pickups, the game needs balanced but hopefully they can do that faster then they did with BF4.

Worth buying at £30 but not pre ordering.

20. B1GBUD

Getting a decent 120+ fps @ 1080p so no issues there, the game does feel a little similar to Battlefront as others have said but I don't have any problem with that. They could have maybe added another map as it gets a bit repetitive after a few hours.

So far though I'm liking it lots, played assault and support classes and the gun play felt pretty good, but I struggled at mid/long ranges engagements and didn't have much of an answer for scouts at those distances.

Looking forward to having another play tonight.