1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Feeding Frenzy: November-11-2009 video card fan installed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Top Nurse, 23 Sep 2005.

1. thermalnightmare47

thermalnightmare47 What's a Dremel?

Oh man, I thought this project died a looong time ago. This was my major inspiration for WCing my first rig...and the 4 that came after.

Top Nurse likes this.
  2. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

It's one of those never finished projects. I smoked a CPU a few months ago as a fan header died on my CPU circuit with a 120mm radiator. Got a chance to go from a 3 core CPU to a 4 core one. Now it's running at 4 Ghz on a 3.4Hz core. :lol:

When this core dies it's new MB and CPU time. That's when the fun will begin again. :dremel:

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You are once again popping in to yell BOO! :lol:

Some of those older coolants had some wicked preservatives/anti corrosives in them. The only reason some of my stuff failed was that I was using silicone instead of O-rings.

Top Nurse likes this.
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Really? Never had one of those... :worried:

5. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Feeding Frenzy has become a little long in the tooth so decided to do another computer mod as Feeding Frenzy can't make it to Windows 11 without a lot of changes. So I paid Photobucket off and now all the photobucket watermarks are off all my pics. Time to get busy!

Last edited: 7 Jan 2022
  6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Bloody hell, keeping one thread running nearly 16½ years!

I'm guessing you don't like to start too many new threads...

Yaka and Top Nurse like this.
  7. Cheapskate

Or end them. :lol: I knew something was up when you liked my post from waaaaay back up there in 2016.
    Paying the PUTObucket protection money, though... That's dedication.

Top Nurse likes this.
  8. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Maybe I should keep Feeding Frenzy and make the jump to a pcie 4 or 5 board. The problem I got is that V2000 case is gigantic and the loop for the hard drives is useless after putting in SSD devices. I smoked another gpu a while back so I went to best buy and got a cheapo EVGA GT-610.

I've got a 2 month wait on a older Point of View / TGT GTX 570 Beast that I picked up on eBay that came with an AC Aquagrafx Type 2 cooler on it. That should keep Feeding Frenzy going until the graphics card scammers go bye bye.

I had an impulsive moment after Thanksgiving and ordered up a Seasonic Q704 case that I've had my eye on for the last year or two of the prototype reviews. Also came with the matching Seasonic Connect 650 watt PSU for about $170 from Newegg. Now I need to sell the 650 watt psu and get an 850 watt Seasonic Connect.

9. Cheapskate

gpu scalpers aren't going away. :(

10. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I think they will go away, otherwise the custom building of computers will pretty much die out except for the rich. That means no money for those who hitched their wagon to us to provide goods and services. Why build a nice custom liquid cooled computer when a video card costs more than everything else combined? I know people who buy whole computers to get their hands on a decent graphics card. Then they pray to recoup their expenses parting out what is left.

11. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I found out last night how long it would take to get a push fit (aka AquaComputer Plug N Cool) built system to leak. It took about 15 years. I think on a lark I drained the system about 10 years ago and put in new distilled water and AC Fluid. It leaked inside a push fit, but it wasn't the push fit that was the problem. The polyurethane tubing disintegrated internally. Lol

Pics in a few minutes.