1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

funny alien ‘crop circle’

Discussion in 'General' started by Tom Krypton, 15 Sep 2003.

1. Tom Krypton

Tom Krypton What's a Dremel?

I just made a post in another Forum (I’m new to posting here, so I don’t know if other Forums can be mentioned) anyway I didn’t get much of a response there so I thought I’d see how friendly you guys were.

I was having a look around a site I found called ‘Keyhole’, and found this crazy thing: http://www.keyhole.com/body.php?h=news&t=cropCircle :eeek:

I’m not sure I believe that ‘aliens’ create these things.

do any of you guys live in Stonehenge? I ask because I’ve heard of these ‘alien’ ‘crop circles’ before but I thought they were all in the shape of circles… I’m not sure I believe that this is actually there. Could someone who lives near there check it out? If it is ‘real’ and an alien did it (lol) then maybe it means something different to the ones that are all made up of circles?

If it is ‘real’, how come it wasn’t on the news or something?

If it is 'real', any ideas on what it could 'mean'?

2. penski

penski BodMod

Welcome to the forums, dude - we're pretty relaxed here. Just read and understand the forum guidelines and everything'll be cool :)

Don't...and we fetch the probes...;)

*n

PS: looks like a photochop :)

3. Tom Krypton

thanks for the welcome penski, I appreciate it. I'll read the guidelines now (guess I should've done that first! :blush: I definitely don't want any probing :eeek: )

um, what's a 'photochop'? A fake picture?

4. penski

penski BodMod

Photochop - it's a pun on PhotoShop - the practice of using PhotoShop or other image editing software to digitally alter a photograph - to 'chop' it - usually with another picture...

*n

5. Tom Krypton

thanks penski. I see. Well maybe you are right I mean it looks so bizarre.

The thing is that site doesn't strike me as though it would have fake photos on it?

So I thought, well if it's 'real' (as in not a 'PhotoChop' who could have done it? A mad farmer maybe? :lol:

what if it is real though?

Thing is the shape looks kinda familiar to me...

why would 'aliens' do this stuff?

me /checks Google

6. tessa

tessa What's a Dremel?

First, let me say "Howdy!"....

Second, I have never really believed in crop circles...there are just some things in life that can never be explained...

7. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Actually, that's a pretty cool logo... I might use that somewhere someday. I don't believe that it's aliens though.

8. OrbDemon

OrbDemon Minimodder

Welcome!

It's a strange looking crop circle - looks more like an advertising logo. What's the betting that the aliens have that design on their sports shoes?

9. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

I dont think crop circles are real, i mean theres tons of documentation on how real people will go out to a field in the middle of the night with some rather rudamentary equiptment and create some really sweet crop circle patterns. Seems like a rather new form of art to me, one that i do admire.

I say some of you brits go out and make a crop circle in the shape of the bit-tech logo.

10. Tom Krypton

Hi Guys, thanks for the 'Welcomes', much appreciated :)

I'm not sure I believe in them either Tessa, but the only ones I have seen pictures of before have been, well, all circles or spirals, if you see what I mean... that sure is a strange shape don't you think? and i've never seen nor heard of a picture of one in England. Maybe 'aliens' don't like our weather lol

I thought the logo was pretty cool too JazzXP. Hey if you want to use it I don't suppose that 'aliens' would have copyrighted it or anything! :p

if its not 'aliens' who do you think could do something like that?

> It's a strange looking crop circle

that's exactly what I thought OrbDemon

> - looks more like an advertising logo.

ha, ha well it looks like it means something

> What's the betting that the aliens have that design on their sports shoes?

:lol:

> I dont think crop circles are real, i mean theres tons of documentation on how real people will go out to a field in the middle of the night with some rather rudamentary equiptment and create some really sweet crop circle patterns. Seems like a rather new form of art to me, one that i do admire.

yeah I'm not sure it's 'aliens' either bHawk. I'll have a look to see if I can find some of the documentation you are talking about. The thing is i thought that all of these 'crop circles' were like ancient. That one in Stonehenge must be recently created or wouldn't we have heard about it before?

> I say some of you brits go out and make a crop circle in the shape of the bit-tech logo.

:D

11. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

I saw a good documentary on either the discovery channel or the the learning channel on crop circles. They actually had a group of people go out and make one in middle of the night. It was pretty cool. Heh, now that i think about it, crop circles seem to be the graffiti of the fields.

12. Tom Krypton

13. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Crop circles come in all shapes and sizes. Hasn't any one seen the one of a picture of an alien (you know, big eyes, small nose and mouth) and what looks like a CD with binary data that spelt out a message in ASCII? People create them for fun and it's as simple as that. So this one isn't any different that's why it wasn't on the news or anything. Supposedly, 'real' crop circles are caused by very short lived tornados (probably not even touching the ground) that create circles in the crop.

14. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Those look to fakey for me to even give a second though to really... :rolleyes: Why not do something productive with there free time like farm more ? :hehe: :idea:

15. Tom Krypton

Hi DeX,

> Crop circles come in all shapes and sizes.

Until now, I didn’t know that. I thought they were all like spirals

> Hasn't any one seen the one of a picture of an alien (you know, big eyes, small nose and mouth)

lol r u joking? :hehe: I haven’t seen anything like that, but then I haven’t seen anything like these ones either!

> and what looks like a CD with binary data that spelt out a message in ASCII?

That’s interesting – so you don’t think they are ‘alien’ at all but that some people create them somehow to send messages?

I can’t see any ASCII in these two. I see 6 circles on one sort of ‘swish’ and then four on another ‘swish’… it looks kind of familiar but if it’s a message I can't place it.

:confused:

any ideas?

16. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

17. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

I so want that for a tattoo

18. OrbDemon

OrbDemon Minimodder

19. Lucifer

Lucifer What's a Dremel?

20. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Holy cow.. I pretty sure it's a photo-chop.

But I can say I know I am the first here to figure it out.

http://www.area-64.com/