1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice From X58 to Z170 for ~£700

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dramatik, 1 Oct 2016.

1. dramatik

dramatik Minimodder

In January I will be upgrading my PC and will have roughly £700 to spend, maybe a bit more if need be. I've been out of the field for a while now and have seen debates everywhere about going X99 or Z170 but I'm still stuck.

Main use - General PC Use (Films, Music, Web Browsing) - Some heavy gaming, 1080p for now but will probably go 1440p later in 2017 - Some video editing but certainly not a priority. I will overclock if possible so better cpu cooling solutions are welcome

Doubt I'll be keeping much from my old system apart from my SSD, a data hard drive and my GTX 970. Should I keep the PSU? Bored of the case I have but if keeping it means money can go towards better parts, I can hold out till a later date.

Here's something I threw together http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZBX74C

£600 currently plus £100 for paste, case fans, delivery costs or towards better parts.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

£560 on scan for a 6700k bundle that includes a better cpu mobo memory and cooler.

Use existing case and get a new psu done for less than £700.

6600k bundle on there is £450 but you lose 8gb ram and a much worse cooler

3. dramatik

dramatik Minimodder

That's tidy tbh. Hopefully there will be a similar bundle available when I'm purchasing.

4. dramatik

dramatik Minimodder

I had a look on their site but I can't see the bundle you mentioned for £560. Can only find one that is pre-overclocked and is £600 and only 8gb ram vs the 16 in my original list.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

I'll send a link later