1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Heavy Metal

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Corg8d, 3 Jan 2003.

1. Tribal Dragon

Tribal Dragon Insomniac modder!

:jawdrop:

that is one heck of a case ;)

looks sweeeeet!

and with a remote control... well can't wait to see that, I mean... WOW :eeek:

would be cool that the the meter on top shows the speed while using the remote... I know that would be hard but it would be definitly awesome!!

welcome to the modding community! and good luck for c3 next summer :D

2. Hindaine

Hindaine What's a Dremel?

you MUST explain the tach on that thing.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Nice one on winning the Directron case modding comp :thumb:

4. flacowboy

flacowboy What's a Dremel?

SWEET enough said

5. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

holy thread revival batman!

6. frozty

frozty What's a Dremel?

instead of remote control, why not have a camera on the front and let the computer control where i goes

7. Chief752

Chief752 What's a Dremel?

That is definitely one of the COOLEST mods I have seen yet! Great job on this one. :jawdrop:

8. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

yeah. I've seen it before.
    but still. :rock: :clap: :thumb: :cooldude:

9. Paperbag

Paperbag What's a Dremel?

That's brilliant :D I'd love to see the worklog

10. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Ask and ye shall receive. You can see his work log at Pheaton.

Work Log

I guess it's okay for me to do that. :worried:

11. Corg8d

Corg8d What's a Dremel?

And for those that don't want to wade through the whole worklog, here are a couple of pics taken before getting shipped out to TechTV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will be on the "The Screen Savers" September 26th.

Corg8d

12. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

ok, so does it or does it not work when its moving :confused: , looks to me like the powersupplies plug into the charging pack? is that just like a powerstrip or somthing? along with a charger? thats sweet tho, id rather a different design than a badger with some thing and some fire tho :D . i read through that worklog this morning, and id still like to see a nice bumper to hold the charger, and a sweet front bumper with some lights on it... also- you didnt use ANY lighting effects anywhere on that case =\... it would look totally awesome if you popped some 5000+mcd leds into those fans thru the window, kinda like the idea of the flamethrowers... the only thing i dont like about that case though, is the holes in the front (on the door and the bay covers) id like to see some modders-mesh (like the stuff they have on car bumpers

like this
    [​IMG]
    so you can cover up all those ugly holes, maybe fabricate up a wicked nice bumper outta aluminum and polish it up and pop in the mesh, and some fog lights... then get rid of those holes somehow... dunno, look at modded trucks on webpages and see what they did, copy their design.. i just dont like the holes at all =p

but sweet ass mod. i wish i had that kind of money dude. i guess thats what it comes down to =)... if ya got that kinda cash, why not go for some nice ass watercooling? pop a 10x10" radiator in there, and cool those dual CPUs...

yummie. :rock:

13. Corg8d

Corg8d What's a Dremel?

It is kind of funny, but I have thought about watercooling, headlights, and taking a chunk out of the front bumper and putting mesh in there to help cool the motors.

In fact, for watercooling I was going to weld up the side pods, integrate a radiator and pump on both sides, and use the following filler cap on each side for the Reservoir.

[​IMG]

As for the holes in the front doors... I have thought about putting a custom aluminum readiator in there like an old hotrod, but that would interfere with cd/floppy/etc... I hadn't really thought of mesh for there, but considereing all the drive plates are chrome, it probably would look pretty cool.

Thanks, and might I say kinda spooky.

Corg8d

14. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

Such a sexy mod.. I like the little filler cap idea.. def. should be incorporated... very cool , very slick.. Good Job! :thumb:

15. flacowboy

flacowboy What's a Dremel?

looking good man good luck on tech tv

16. rodaniel

rodaniel What's a Dremel?

Sweet mercy! Your latest mods give this an 18-wheeler kinda flavor with the chunky chrome bumper and side panels...

[​IMG]

Might consider accenting the top edges of the side panels with a small strip of chrome diamondplate or rubber non-slip surface to even further add to this "big rig" feel.

In fact, what ya really need now is a chrome exhaust pipe (or a pair) that juts up above the roofline like on a real semi. Could maybe serve as additional ventillation?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

i dunno, i just think it needs some lighting.
    Corg8d, id think that if you cut out 2 rectangle type holes in the front, where the doors are, and then put plexi in with some rubber molding, it would look like 2 front windows! oh yes, get some plexi and put it on the front top... get some windshield action goin on! and hang the fuzzy dice from inside the window... or get one of the scent trees (use the smell up) and hang it from there :D

18. Corg8d

Corg8d What's a Dremel?

Worklog: HERE

Corg8d

19. Crass

Crass What's a Dremel?

WoW, Ive seen this one before, But i really like the "new" things you have done to it. Really quite impressing. :jawdrop:

20. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Yes indeed the revisions are just awesome! Some great originality there my man! :clap: :clap: